iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1998 Husqvarna 268xp gas line and grommet?

Started by mickeymoose, March 26, 2024, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeymoose

I'm having trouble figuring out how to install the gas line and grommet. 1988 268xp saw. I purchased the gas line 5012859-02 OEM and it only has a flange on one side. The hose is lager at the flange for about 3/8" to fit snugly in tank hole. First question is the hose installed with flange inside or out of tank? Second the grommet. Does the grommet (part# 5015510-01) install on the tank or the crankcase? From my diagram the part is shown with the crankcase. The grommet is damaged and can't find another. I should have paid more attention when removing. What does the grommet do?

mickeymoose

I'll try and send a picture. Cant figure out how to resize yet.

donbj

I just replaced the fuel line on my 181se yesterday. It had the line with the "flange" on only one side of the part that sits in the hole. It kept slipping down into the tank. Get the one with the flange on both sides. It helps with installation to take a very sharp razor knife and reduce the size of the one you pull through the hole. Leave enough so it holds itself in good. The smaller diameter end goes to carb. Grommet goes in crankcase to keep dust/dirt out of carb bay.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

mickeymoose

Thanks for the reply. Well that sucks for me if I buy that gas line now i have $35 for 6 inches of gas line. So If I were to use the one I bought are you saying the flange goes in the tank.

donbj

Mine had the flange in tank. That's the filter end. If yours is the same as mine anyway. Where did you pay 35 bucks for that line?  Mine is from husky and was like 16 bucks Canadian

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

mickeymoose

The cost of the one I bought plus the cost of the one you bought would be $35. I will use the one I bought for now and hope it stays in place. Thank you..

donbj

Mine was pretty old so maybe lost some of its grip. They harden up and deteriorate. Good luck with it, if it's a husky part it should work

Spike60

Let's be careful giving advice gents. Don, that line you have posted for your 181 is correct for the 181-288 series, but it is longer, as in too long, for the 268. Extra length on the carb side can get kinked and you have to tuck it in when putting the top cover on just to be sure it doesn't get pinched. 

Short answer to the original question is the flange goes on the inside of the tank. There should be no need to trim the new line, assuming it's an OEM part. It should be nice and snug, and snap into place when you pull it up. 

Recommend you put the filter on first. Then use a piece of wire to snake the line up through the tank. Just fold the end of the wire into a V and stick it in the fuel line to hold it. No poking holes in the line of course.  ffsmiley
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

donbj

Ok, thanks. Good thing he went with his original hose he bought. 

Thank You Sponsors!