iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood identification kit from Timber Engineering Company - TECO

Started by TECO Man, December 31, 2008, 01:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TECO Man

In 2008 TECO (formed as the Timber Engineering Company in 1933) celebrated its 75th anniversary.  In the 1950's and 1960's TECO made and sold wood identification kits that included small (2"x5") species samples, booklets describing the 50 or so species that were included, and an eyeglass.  We have located one or two of these kits but the owners don't want to sell.  We'd like to have one as part of our company's historical display, so if you know anyone that has one of these kits and would be willing to part with it, please contact TECO's corporate office outside of Madison (Wisconsin) at 608-837-2790.  Thank you. 

beenthere

TECO man
Welcome to the forum.
Good to have you aboard, and hope someone might have a kit for you.

Would you have a pic of the kit, by chance?

I'd assume you are looking for one in original, or near original, condition.

By another chance, do you have a listing of the species that came in the kit?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I can't remember what I did with my kit. I don't know if it is Teco or not. I would doubt it though. But, we purchased ours at the university book store for the Wood Technology course.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!