iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Garrett model 10

Started by Stone-27, May 08, 2016, 05:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stone-27

I have acquired a Garrett model 10 skidder and was curious if anyone had a manual on it and the gearmatic 8a winch? Where could a guy find parts for this machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

brendonv

Can't help but where are you located. I always wanted to find one of those skidders.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Stone-27

logman81

There is a guy near me that has one.
Precision Firewood & Logging

brendonv

Your buddy?  He wanted crazy $$ for it.

www.VorioTree.com

Stone-27

47sawdust

They were popular in the Northwest.There are members who have done what you want to do.They will be along soon.Two things you might try,1-forum search by typing in Garrett skidders,2-Cl search through Washington,Oregon,etc.There out there you just have to be patient.
Good luck to you.
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

terry f

Nice, looks like my 15, just a lot less guards underneath. Can't imagine pulling those Northwest logs of the 60's with these things.

brendonv

Nice machine!  Looks like you'll run out of trees soon judging from the background.  :D

Let me know when you set her free.

www.VorioTree.com

47sawdust

I just did a google search.Garrett Model 10 and a lot of references came up including some old posts from the forum.
As Brendon said,the skidder should have an easy life unless there is a forest just over the horizon.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Stone-27

Trees are definitely slim around my house, but have a little bit of work to get her up and going 100%. We have a lead on some trees about an hour away. I've done quite a bit of looking on Google and forums and haven't been able to locate a manual for the skidder. I was able to find a Manual for the winch! I will hopefully get her out and start using her with the next month

jbower

I am very new to this forum so let me know if i need to do things different.  My Dad is likely buying a garrett 10. We have run the 15 16 and 20 a fair amount.  "Might be a manual with this one if so will copy and send if you like."  also for anyone else. what is pulling capacity for those little fellas.  he has a couple 3 foot cedars he is hoping it will move.  I think bucked it will do fine but let me know anyone that has ran them

thecfarm

jbower,welcome to the forum.
You say cedar? The cedar that I have is light. I have a 40hp tractor and I would grab onto a 3 foot cedar. But can't be on my side of the USA,not many 3 foot cedars around here.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jbower

our cedar is light also it is the smallest machine either of us have been around it is so cheap we cant pass it up 3500 all working with the gearmatic 8 winch I am going to look at it tomorrow

logman81

Looks good, just be careful they are very top heavy and tip very easy trust me i ran one for about ten minutes and said "get me off this thing"! Little skidders are very handy as long as you know their limits. I have a gafner mini skidder a little bigger than the Garrett 10 and it does pretty much everything i ask it to.
Precision Firewood & Logging

Thank You Sponsors!