iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 335xpt

Started by yooper, August 13, 2001, 02:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yooper

My felling saw is a Husky 272XP and my trimming saw is a Husky 50. I have a large amount of Balsam and Spruce that I
started cutting and trimming this spring. I notice that as the years go by that my trimming saw seems to get heavier and heavier, so this spring I decided to purchase a top handle trimming saw. Just to get my feet wet I settled on the cheapest one available which was a Echo CS3400. Turned out to be a good little saw, plenty of power, and a 3 pull starter. My only gripe is that the gas and oil fills are exactly opposite of where they are located on a Husky. Makes for a interesting situation when you've got sweat dribbling into your eyes and you dump oil into the tank that is marked with the international symbol for gas. (I'm a quick study, and its only happened once, so far.) I will be probably be replacing the Echo in a year or two and I prefer my saws to be orange in color. I was just wondering if anybody is using the Husky 335XPT top handle saw and how you like it?

8) 8) 8)

ken

I'm interested in getting the 335 too, so anyone who's got one, don't hold back!

Kevin

I think that saw is probably used more by Arborists for trimming and climbing work.
Personally I just use my 62cc saw for felling,limbing and bucking.
It should be ok for your intended purpose.

old guy

I have one, I like it a lot. Mine has one flaw tho, if it is not used for awhile ( a week) you may as well pull the cover & air filter & put a little fuel in the carb or you will pull & pull & pull, if used every day this is not a problem.

Guydreads

I have a Husky T435, it pulls really well actually. i know it's not the saw in question, just thought I would throw that in there.

Thank You Sponsors!