Started by beenthere, August 16, 2008, 12:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Here is a good vid with a great soundtrack,

the title

"If I die before you wake"

http://g.dwgsee.com/wake/index.htm
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

inspectorwoody

Chuck White

Thanks for posting.

It is really nice and will strike a nerve in all who have/are served/serving in the armed forces.

I served 20 and my 2 boys are approaching 18 years now.

Thanks again, and you're welcome.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

The son of a close family leaves tomorrow for Iraq.

A request from his mother and father was received this morning, and I'd like to share it.

Resist the temptation to pray for the soldiers' safety in time of war.  While we pray for their safe return, we do not request their "safekeeping".  Where peoples and nations suffer under the threat of deadly force, the soldier's just vocation is to go into that manifestly unsafe situation to restore peace and good order, to make it safe once again.  We petition instead for their protection and courage when in peril.

General requests for all people in time of war...

- look in mercy on those immediately exposed to peril
- comfort the prisoners
- relieve the sufferings of the wounded
- show mercy to the dying
- remove the causes and occasions of this war, and restore the nations to peace

For soldiers, sailors, etc. ...

- watch over and defend our military personnel, and all others who defend our life and liberty, that they may serve justly and honorably in pursuit of peace
- grant them courage and strength in their time of service
- comfort them as they mourn the loss of their comrades
- grant them diligence in their high calling of defending our nation's freedoms
- keep their families safe and sound during this time of separation
- protect them in battle so that they might soon return safely to their family and community and continue to serve in peace
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!