iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Let the Olympic Games Begin !!!!

Started by isawlogs, August 08, 2008, 07:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I think he is part dolphin  :)  Man can he swim .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pigman

I watched a badminton match this morning. 8) They sure don't play like we do in the back yard. It seems they try to kill that poor birdie every time they hit it.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Gary_C

Quote from: pigman on August 13, 2008, 07:54:23 PM
I watched a badminton match this morning.  They sure don't play like we do in the back yard. It seems they try to kill that poor birdie every time they hit it.

I sure wish I had seen the badmition matches. I used to play that indoor competition badminton and it is the toughest racket sport there is. That game can have a lot of deception and takes good racket skills as well as strong legs. A lot of fun.  8)

Also some of the world class athletes in other sports use badminton as a conditioning sport.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

I can see Gary now, chasing that birdie and tipping it over the net.  :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

I missed the viewing today :( all I managed to see was a few minutes in a shop on the TV there where the aussies got a gold for something.

Wish I'd seen it.

I did manage to see some of the Mens Gymnastics the other night and gosh was it AWESOME. :D

asy :D

PS: I love badminton too!!!  :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Tom

Track and field is supposed to have started and ESPN has the contract.  I still haven't seen any of it.  I keep hunting on the TV, but it is being allusive. :-\

Jeff

I watched track events today on I think it was, cnbc. 100m qualifying  I think shotput is supposed to be on primetime nbc tonight but could be wrong.

It does seem like the track athletes are the ones that seem to swagger and the ones that get caught doping the most, at least that's how it seems to me from what I see on T.V.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dodgy Loner

I don't have a TV at home, but I visited my folks this weekend and got a healthy dose of the Olympics :).  A few things I learned:  1) Michael Phelps is the greatest Olympian ever.  I don't think there has ever been a human body more perfectly suited to swimming.  2) Usain Bolt is probably the fastest man to ever walk the earth.  He could have run a sub 9.6 in the 100 m dash if he hadn't started jogging with 20 meters to go :o.  I wish I could watch him in the 200 m final.  3) Shawn Johnson is my future wife, she just doesn't know it yet ;).
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on August 18, 2008, 09:58:59 AM
3) Shawn Johnson is my future wife, she just doesn't know it yet ;).

With a name like Shawn Loner, she might balk :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

He should take her name and be called Dodgy Johnson.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

He should probably let her graduate high school first.  :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

pigman

Most people would say that Usain Bolt was way too tall to be a sprinter, but I suppose no one told him. That is what I like about track and field events, they don't weigh or measure the athlete, they just time or measure the outcome. My daughter was told in highschool by several that she was too small and skinny to be a sprinter and that she should be a distance runner, but when she to went to the state meet all comments stopped.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: Radar67 on August 18, 2008, 01:26:48 PM
He should probably let her graduate high school first.  :D

I'm in no hurry ;D.  Dodgy Johnson sounds pretty catchy, actually :D.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

I am watching the closing ceromonies of the games .....  8) 8) 8)

Gotta saye that the Chinese people can be proud of the outcome , sure was a pleasure to watch and have a look at there country and their culture during the games , sure they made a few things look better ... but hey its a step in the right direction I think  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

I agree that it is a step in the right direction.  The Chinese people were very proud to host the games, and it showed.  I learned a lot more about China than I knew as a result of the exposure.  It is a nation with awesome potential. 

I see change in the wind as China moves headlong into the modern world.  They seem to be adapting and opening up to how the rest of the world does things without giving up their storied traditions.

Thank You Sponsors!