iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Must have kissed a rock

Started by rank, February 05, 2018, 06:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rank

See bottom right corner of tooth. Must've had the saw on it's side because it's only the left side cutters.  Saw was like a hot knife through butter now it's cutting on a 30 degree angle through the log.
1. File?
2. Dremel?
3. Buy new chain?

Edit please be patient I'm trying to post a pic but.....

sablatnic

I'd file it, but it will most likely wear out two files, so the smart move will probably be to bin it and get a new chain.
Depends of your price on files and time.
And chains.

ladylake

A grinder would take that damage off in a hurry but if all of the teeth were damaged that bad there wouldn't be a lot of tooth left. also would need to take the rakers down.  If only a few teeth are that bad just sharpen the rest like normal, the damaged ones will match the rest of the chain after a few sharpening's and the chain should still cut good.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

thecfarm

I cut my stumps low. And I do mean low. I get that once in a while. I just file it back,take double the strokes of a file,takes a few filing, ;D,to get that wound out of there. Sometimes I take it off and save it for more low stumps,after I file it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rank

Quote from: thecfarm on February 05, 2018, 08:50:31 PM
I cut my stumps low. And I do mean low.
Yep I think that's how it happened

rank

I tried a free hand die grinder (left) but I only butchered it so I went back to the file (right).

teakwood

I would file that out, maybe the first filing won't cut perfectly but after the second and third touch up she will be good to go
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Stoneyacrefarm

Be careful about taking too much off the rakers as well.
You will get a lot more kickback if you aren't careful.  >:(
Work hard. Be rewarded.

ladylake

Those  rakers look way high.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

rank

Quote from: ladylake on February 06, 2018, 12:47:38 PM

Those  rakers look way high.  Steve
Didn't file the rakers yet after filing out the damage

Thank You Sponsors!