iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw M-14

Started by Markhall, April 02, 2020, 09:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markhall

Anyone know the original size of the wheels on the carriage of a Belsaw M-14? Dought there's anywhere to buy them so planning to machine new ones.
Thank you!

Don P

@Markhall

This is from one of the last Timberking M-14's, about 28 years old. I do have a much older Belsaw carriage buried in the shop if these dimensions don't look right, holler and I'll dig it out.

I'm guessing the wheel was originally 2-3/4 dia stock and I've worn 15 thou. That .555 gap is looking more like .565 sitting here with it cleaned up a little better. 9/16" OEM, no shine in there, there was actually some old pitch in there.

It looks like the brackets on the carriage were spaced 1.375 opening originally, which with the flanges leaves about .010 clearance between those bearing flanges and the carriage opening. That indent you see around the 3/4" center bore is damage, that is smooth OEM, the flange must have been eating in when the bearing went.

The axle should be a smooth 1/2" rod, that chamfer of gall internal, I found my bearing was munched when I took it apart, thanks for making me dig, looks like I better go over all of them ::). It is center bored with a zerk on the end and a cross bore centered inside. The bearing is a Koyo Torrington B-912:L125. The other number on the box here is TR428585 but I think that first number is the one. It's all sitting here on the desk if you need anything else.

Someone else machined a set in the past year in a thread IIRC.
I think my wheels are good but if you are making the flanges or axles I could use some spares.

moodnacreek

Now there is a good reply.

Thank You Sponsors!