iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tigercats new skidder

Started by OH logger, July 25, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

the not so local tigercat salesman stopped in this evening and was tellin me about the new small grapple skidder they got comin out. its a touch bigger than deeres 548 g111. you can get a cable machine or a grapple with either a dual arch OR a SWING boom. he seemed pretty pumped up about it (go figure). I have no experience with tigercat but ive heard good things only about them. its called a 602 and they will have one at the paul bunyan show. its nice to see that someone cares about the small loggers in this part of the world  ;)
john

ehp

Im trying to go see one myself, I live pretty close to where they are made .

Riwaka

The TC 602 is likely to be what is called a pre-production prototype. TC would be displaying the skidder to gauge the level of interest in a smaller skidder before committing to build it as a production model.
http://www.tigercat.com/602-skidder/ (two prototype602s were displayed at Les Cognees in France)

https://youtu.be/TdQy1kMJcSo

coxy

I still wish they would build a new skidder with out front wheel pivot I hate that

OH logger

Quote from: coxy on July 26, 2017, 06:45:49 AM
I still wish they would build a new skidder with out front wheel pivot I hate that

that is an option. either front axle pivot or the oscillating frame like the old franklins. u might as well get on ordered coxy ;). no excuses now  ;D they have fiat motors in them that are branded tigercat. not sure about them. they have only been usin them since 2015. he said as far as tier 4 motors they are the simplest
john

teakwood

fiat!!?? ??? ??? I have never heard any good about fiat. do they have a industrial line where they make bigger engines??
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

snowstorm

Fiat or fpt owns new Holland case and more. Iveco is also there's . There are a few fpt. Marine engines up this way. They also worked with cummins on the 5.9 and 6.7. I was told Ford has a 31 % ownership of fiat. And that the class 8 Ford trucks in Europe are iveco Ford. I have an iveco motor. Very nice motor

snowstorm

reedco

Fiat owns chrysler (spelling?)  or part of ?
Not many trees

Ox

Some Fiat farm tractors like the 100-90 are labeled as some of the very best tractors ever made.  Just some food for thought.  Little known mechanical gems.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

Quote from: OH logger on July 26, 2017, 07:16:10 AM
Quote from: coxy on July 26, 2017, 06:45:49 AM

that is an option. either front axle pivot or the oscillating frame like the old franklins. u might as well get on ordered coxy ;). no excuses now  ;D they have fiat motors in them that are branded tigercat. not sure about them. they have only been usin them since 2015. he said as far as tier 4 motors they are the simplest
I would buy one but I don't like the color and don't like being in an enclosed cab so I wont be able to order one  ;D 8)

missouriboy

My wish list just got a lot more expensive  ;D. Wonder if they will price it right for the smaller loggers.

lopet

Quote from: OH logger on July 26, 2017, 07:16:10 AM
they have fiat motors in them that are branded tigercat.

I am sure they take " fiat " money for it.  :D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Riwaka

Fiat PowerTrain Technologies (FPT industrial) make around 3 million engines a year.  FPT Industrial are a subsidiary of CNH Industrial.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNH_Industrial
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Powertrain_Technologies

OH logger

[/quote]I would buy one but I don't like the color and don't like being in an enclosed cab so I wont be able to order one  ;D 8)
[/quote]

you can take the windows out AND they might paint it any color u want...for the right price.  :D  now you HAVE to order one!! I have the salesmans number if u  need it  ;D
john

Stoneyacrefarm

I want one. !! :D
What's the price on one of these bad boys now. ?
Might have to mortgage the farm to own one.  8) 8) 8) 8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

mike_belben

Ive always been quite confident that our current push towards computerized soft touch fancy pants automated bigger faster quiter more efficient and insanely expensive equipment is not enjoyed by everyone, particularly the cost and complexity of repair at 15k hours.  Im sure that a significant demand could exist for a small winch + DA grapple machine with a 4bt or 6bt, basic spicer/new process/dana/eaton manual tranny and off the shelf manual spool hydraulics with plain old S cam air brakes that actually hold on a hill. Something you can haul on a backhoe trailer with a dually and get parts/hoses at napa.   Maybe even on tractor rubber that doesnt cost $2k per corner. 

I know load sensing and closed center hydraulics is the cats meow but troubleshooting that stuff is over most guys heads and i sure dont want to be at the whim of the one shop who can source that exclusive obsolute part some day. 

Grapple blade ftw.
Praise The Lord

coxy

OH logger  going to the logger fest next month I'm shur cj logging will have one ill tell them to send the skidder to roscoe and the payment book to you that way its a win win for both of us  I can show people the skidder and you can show them the thick payment book  ;D

Riwaka

The new small JD and Cat wheel skidders start at 37K lb and 40 K lbs.
What other new 'small wheel skidders are there? What does it take to end an old wheel skidder?

Awassos MD80 11-12K lb - 80 hp skidder.
http://www.awassos.com/md80.php  (Roxton Falls, Quebec , Canada)
https://youtu.be/Dg5rV_dBA-k

Cat rebuild.
https://youtu.be/t7Qm5JhlRM4

Stoneyacrefarm

I'll take one of those too ! 8)
Nice videos Riwaka.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

mike_belben

Looks like awassos beat me to it.  How much?
Praise The Lord

coxy

some one posted about them a while ago and think they are around 80-100k but not a 100%

ohiowoodchuck

Could buy several good 540's for that much.
Education is the best defense against the media.

longtime lurker

Quote from: mike_belben on July 27, 2017, 12:28:18 AM
Ive always been quite confident that our current push towards computerized soft touch fancy pants automated bigger faster quiter more efficient and insanely expensive equipment is not enjoyed by everyone, particularly the cost and complexity of repair at 15k hours.  Im sure that a significant demand could exist for a small winch + DA grapple machine with a 4bt or 6bt, basic spicer/new process/dana/eaton manual tranny and off the shelf manual spool hydraulics with plain old S cam air brakes that actually hold on a hill. Something you can haul on a backhoe trailer with a dually and get parts/hoses at napa.   Maybe even on tractor rubber that doesnt cost $2k per corner. 

I know load sensing and closed center hydraulics is the cats meow but troubleshooting that stuff is over most guys heads and i sure dont want to be at the whim of the one shop who can source that exclusive obsolute part some day. 

Grapple blade ftw.

Problem is new anything costs, and you've got to figure in all the emissions junk.

On rhe other hand tossing 50k at the devil you know and own already can go a fair way with  component overhauls, and you don't need to spend it all at once. Just pick a place and start.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Riwaka

At least in 50K overhaul include some paint, some forest/ logging managers etc like to see the shiny paint (even if the machine is well experienced)

https://youtu.be/7aCz8NFhm_8 (602 display with Charlier crane grapple)

Thank You Sponsors!