iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sanding a log cabin with angle grinder.

Started by Joe Hillmann, April 08, 2024, 10:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Hillmann

I started sanding the interior of my log cabin and am trying to find the best sanding attachment for my angle grinder to make it easier. 

I have tried a few types of wheels: wire wheel, wire cup, flap disk, and paint stripping disk.  So far I have found a rust and paint stripping disk works the best.  The paint and rust stripping disk works OK but it doesn't reaches far into corners and between logs as I would like.  I also have to remove the safety guard to be able to use it effectively, which kind of bothers me.

I am just wondering if there are better options out there without having to buy and test them all to find out. 

barbender

Schroeder's Log Home Supply advises a slow speed buffer with Osborne buffing brushes iirc. Check their website, they have info on that stuff.
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

Joe, Pics of your effort so far would be helpful. May conjure up some helpful ideas after seeing what the problem is so far. 
thanks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Joe Hillmann

Quote from: beenthere on April 08, 2024, 01:40:11 PMJoe, Pics of your effort so far would be helpful. May conjure up some helpful ideas after seeing what the problem is so far.
thanks
Next time I am there I will take some pictures.

Don P

I've used an osborn brush with an adapter in my 1/2" drill. Slow but does a very nice job.

Thank You Sponsors!