iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Gifts 2021...show us what you got!

Started by VB-Milling, December 07, 2021, 11:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VB-Milling

Didn't see a 2021 Christmas gift thread so I thought I'd get it started.  Show us what you got!

12x15 cherry shadow box

Divot repair tool from an old sawblade with a cherry handle

Marking/scribing knife from an old sawblade with a purpleheart handle

Maple/mahogany charcuterie board with recess

Cherry mountain landscape card holder.  Not sure what direction I'm going with it yet.  I don't have to ship it anywhere so I have time.

HM126

Larry

Some of this years ornaments.

Rainy day boxes.  The size fits dollar bills and the idea is to encourage younguns to start saving for that rainy day.  I tried to mimic raindrops falling on the top.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

VB-Milling

Love the ornaments @Larry  8)

Learning how to turn has been on my Christmas wishlist for a long time  :D

Hopefully the youngsters fill up those boxes!
HM126

Walnut Beast

Walnut Beast

Quote from: VB-Milling on December 07, 2021, 11:41:01 AM
Didn't see a 2021 Christmas gift thread so I thought I'd get it started.  Show us what you got!

12x15 cherry shadow box

Divot repair tool from an old sawblade with a cherry handle

Marking/scribing knife from an old sawblade with a purpleheart handle

Maple/mahogany charcuterie board with recess

Cherry mountain landscape card holder.  Not sure what direction I'm going with it yet.  I don't have to ship it anywhere so I have time.

Very nice 👍 

metalspinner

Christmas is STILL like three weeks away and you guys have finished projects already!?! 
Rookies...
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

VB-Milling

Quote from: metalspinner on December 07, 2021, 08:09:49 PM
Christmas is STILL like three weeks away and you guys have finished projects already!?!
Rookies...

This is probably the earliest I've ever started.  Mostly because I need to ship many of the gifts all over the country.

I'm not usually this timely.  :D
HM126

jcalderera

I made a dollhouse for my daughter.  Its not "structurally sound" as far as timber framing goes but, hey, its a toy.    

firefighter ontheside

Very cool stuff guys.  I told my wife the floor was her Christmas present.  I may make a few other things for her or have the boys help me make her some things.  She asked for some little glasses holders that look like our dogs.  I may make some quick cutting boards out of left over flooring too.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Dakota

I built a little trailer(3'x4') for my grandson Kope's ATV.

Dave Rinker

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

21incher

A couple sleighs for our Brandon's. Brandon #2 needs more work

A book matched maple recipe cutting board with spalted stand that also works for an I Pad

My wife also made 2 dozen of her stuffed animals and donated them to our local library toy drive for the under privileged. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

VB-Milling

Quote from: 21incher on December 10, 2021, 09:40:12 AMA book matched maple recipe cutting board with spalted stand that also works for an I Pad
Saw the video of this a few days ago.  Really cool.  Makes me want a laser something fierce....a laser engraver, a CNC machine and a 3d printer and another wing on the shop big enough to put it all!
HM126

kantuckid

Quote from: metalspinner on December 09, 2021, 11:39:28 AM
@jcalderera
That's amazing!
So is the room it's sitting in! I'd like to see more of your home?
FWIW, covid -19 has managed to keep my plan to fly to the Balkans and ride a rental motorcycle or scooter for a month off the agenda. 
Seriously neat gift, that encourages creative play, to your daughter. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

VB-Milling

Traveled last week to visit my mother in CT.  I brought the shadow box with me so she could open it and I could help her hang it.  Seemed silly to wait until Christmas day when I wouldn't be there.  Got the box filled and up on the wall, dedicated to the passing of her dog a couple years ago.  She loves it and I think it came out nice.

Came back to VA a few days ago and immediately started working on a Jimmy Diresta plasma cut knife for my brother in law for Christmas.  He hunts, but I don't know how practical this knife will be.  It has a walnut and epoxy handle with cherry accent.  Maybe I'll build him a shadow box next year to lock it away in and display it LOL

HM126

LeeB

Didn't see this thread when I posted about the charcuterie board I made for my daughter in law. I was all proud of it until I saw some of the stuff you guys have done.

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

HemlockKing

Quote from: 21incher on December 10, 2021, 09:40:12 AM
A couple sleighs for our Brandon's. Brandon #2 needs more work

A book matched maple recipe cutting board with spalted stand that also works for an I Pad

My wife also made 2 dozen of her stuffed animals and donated them to our local library toy drive for the under privileged.
The "snowflake express"!! lol lol lol 
A1

Magicman

Quote from: LeeB on December 21, 2021, 04:37:14 PMcharcuterie board I made for my daughter in law
Lee, that is a wonderful example of the beauty of Ambrosia Beetles.  Pecan or ??

EDIT:  And then I scroll down and find your topic.  At least I was right about the Pecan.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

olcowhand

It's not something I made, but I consider it pretty special. My nephew just returned from his service in the Marines. He is my Brother's youngest son, and we were all looking forward to his safe return.
I'm a huge fan of Buck knives, with the 110 Folding Hunter being my Go-To gift for my relations. I had this one Customized to be an Heirloom (as if any good knife isn't an Heirloom...).

I also had the Elk Horn Grip put on it.... 
Well, it came last week, and WOW:

I gave it to my Brother to put under his Tree for Silas, as we won't be there, but Silas will.
I hope he likes it.....
Steve

Ps Merry Christmas to all my FF Family. John 1:14
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

LeeB

Couldn't very well get away with making one for the DlL without making one for my beautiful bride. This one is spalted sycamore. 

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

olcowhand

That's Beautyful, Lee.
I also made something, but it's not quite done, but there's enough to present it to my Daughter, Stephanie.
We lost a mare this last September. She was foaled here on the place, and we really enjoyed her. Her Dam was my saddle horse, and we had what most Cowboys would call a "Lively" relationship. She would try to buck me off, and I would try to ride it out of her. After that, it was all good.
Anyway, Stephanie developed a real friendship with this foal. Her Dam's name was Breezy, and we called her Foal "Zephyr".
It was not uncommon to see Stephanie givin' some love to Zephyr over the fence. One such occurance was captured a few years ago, when Stephanie was a little tyke:

Well, I fabbed a sculpture that I hope catches the spirit of their relationship:

I still have to finish it, but it is ready enough to leave on the kitchen table late tonight....
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

LeeB

I like it. The picture with it really makes it come alive.

caveman

We went over to my aunt and uncle's place in Mulberry for Christmas Eve.  My uncle has become quite a woodworker since retiring several years ago as a high school principal.  He had lots of gifts for family to choose from but he made a scroll sawn maple rifle for me and a truck for my grandson.  

When we got home about 10:30, after getting Pop to bed, I went out into the shop and put the eye bolts and chains on the swing that I made for my grandson today.  It is made of cypress and ipe.  The cypress was some scraps from another recent project and the ipe was also some scrap that used to be part of Disney's Thunder Mountain Railroad.  

I should have made the back on the swing taller to make it look more proportionate but he'll probably swing in it anyway.
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!