iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watcha Makin'?

Started by Old Greenhorn, May 20, 2022, 07:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

I thought it looked a little heavy for the little fish camp! ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

tule peak timber

Just finished a meeting with clients who flew in from Lake Geneva in this unfinished building. Dirt debris and all.... Coffee and pastries on sawdust and concrete. Going to be a busy 2023  :) 
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

tule peak timber

Quote from: Don P on December 29, 2022, 11:37:20 PM
Oh man, drillin a 6 pack of studs was fun.
Don, this is the building you gave me advise on a couple years back. I appreciate your input, thanks.

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

olcowhand

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

doc henderson

happy birthday oh WOC!   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

21incher

Happy Birthday WOC. Happy New Years also.
Can't wait to follow your next journey.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Poquo

Happy Birthday Rob, can't wait to see some fishing pictures when you get the fish camp done.
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

firefighter ontheside

Happy Birthday Tule!  One of these days I will do at least some small timber frame project.
Those will be very nice Doc.
Just about to get this shed that I started in the spring.  Its based on Jeff's Slanty Shanty that I saw in his yard at the pig roast.  It will house my sawmill blades and probably long handled tools.  I built it by the garage, but Cindy didn't like it there, so I moved it today.  I was impressed that my tractor handled it easily.  I still need to finish the tin roof.  With that being said, I may use some phenolic resin sheets that I have instead of tin.  I'll know more tomorrow.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Walnut Beast

Happy Birthday Rob! The king of fine woodworking! We will let you slide on crap 💩 for awhile 😂

firefighter ontheside

I went out this morning and removed the little bit of corrugated tin I had previously installed on the shed roof.  I then cut some sheets of 1/8" white phenolic resin to fit each side.  I made a ridge cap out of some white aluminum trim coil.  I had to predrill the phenolic to put the screws in.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

okmulch

A friend had a sycamore tree cut out of his yard and I took the bottom log. Let it sit for awhile and sawed it up last week. Caught it just right spalted  sycamore. 

tv

This stack is one log 14 foot long 

So made a charcuterie board out of the knot slab 

Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

stanwelch

Thomas the train table for grand nephew Christmas 

This Thomas table I made for my grandson 20 years ago. 

My wife needed another end table. 

Granddaughter needed a bunk bed for her American girl dolls

Shoe bench for the garage

printer stand for my office

Too cold for more now. Heading to South Carolina until April  8)
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

aigheadish

Those are beautiful Stan, especially that end table!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Larry

Putting square pegs in round holes.  The first eight didn't go real good but than I got the hang of it and the second eight went great.

Scribing legs so the book case sits on all four legs instead of two.

Looking for glue squeeze out with a black light.  If found, I can clean it up with hot water and a tooth brush.  Probably only works with hide glue which I often use on this kind of work.  Final sanding before slopping on finish.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Andries

Nice work Larry!
Ebony pegs?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

doc henderson

just need time to wrap up and protect from shipping.

may do some sanding, but the client states she can do the finish.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Larry

Quote from: Andries on January 06, 2023, 10:38:40 PM
Nice work Larry!
Ebony pegs?
Thanks
Ebonized white oak pegs.  I was trying to keep them lighter so the grain would show through but ended up just making them black.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

WV Sawmiller

I worked in Cameroon in west central Africa for many years and used to visit the Marche de Fleurs (Flower Market) where they had a lot of crafts like carvings, bowls etc and there was lots of Ebony items for sale. All was good till I walked around back and saw the ground was paved with flattened Kiwi black shoe polish cans. ::) :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Larry

Third world country....Fiebing's Leather Dye works much better! :D

Brad_bb

I'm Making 20 Walnut Stair treads for my mom's house- stairs going to the basement.  I milled these over the last 6 years. The newest ones were air dried for about a year.  They were milled 3.5" thick and spent 3 months in a kiln.  This is the first time using the mill and planer in the new shop.  Dust and cord rigged up temporarily.  This last week I jointed and brought the thickness to 3 inches.  Now I'm jointing/planing the edges square to faces using my MP100 Mill mounted planer(which acts like a jointer).  Final tread depth is 11.25".  Most treads will end up 44" wide, but several at the bottom will be wider.  I'm prepping the stock, but Bob the trim carpenter is doing the installation. I will be planing and prepping the risers and some other material for the stairs just as soon as the electrician finishes installing the outlet and plug for my new 20" spiral head Grizzly planer.

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Old Greenhorn

I should know better than to put this up right behind Brad's beautiful walnut. But what the heck. I showed this on the other thread but realized this morning I never put it up here as a contribution. Just a very simple, but very sturdy RO chair.

Its' a waterfall blind spline joint attaching back to seat. The slab had a cup in it, which suits a chair, but made the joint a little tricky to get square. Just using up material.

Surprisingly, the chair is a lot more comfortable than it looks. I didn't see that coming. :D

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

aigheadish

Looks great Tom, and the grain matching is beautiful! 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

firefighter ontheside

Brad, I want to see those stairs when they are done!

Tom, I may have to try a chair like that.  I may have a piece of wood sitting around in the kiln that is just right.

I started working on some benches for someone made from bowling lane.  I've worked with bowling lane before, but this is more of a pain than previously.  This has more nails in it.  I've trashed 4 circ saw blades.  I bought some "demo" blades made by dewalt that are absolute junk.  I'll have some pictures of what I have so far tomorrow.  I'm putting riteleg legs on them, so they won't take long to make once I get all the nail cutting done.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tom K

Quote from: Brad_bb on January 08, 2023, 11:00:32 PM
I'm Making 20 Walnut Stair treads for my mom's house- stairs going to the basement. This last week I jointed and brought the thickness to 3 inches.  Final tread depth is 11.25".  Most treads will end up 44" wide, but several at the bottom will be wider.  
I agree with Firefighter, I would love to see the stairs when done. I'm curious on the design to need 3" treads, unless the thickness is just for looks.

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!