iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Faron's doll house

Started by faronskid, December 23, 2007, 10:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faronskid

My little girl has asked for a barbie house for Christmas so I started looking for one at the toy store.  Well all of the ones I found were cheap plastic.  I figured with four brothers, a plastic barbie house wouldn't make it through very many GI Joe attacks so I asked dad to build her one.  I found some measurments and gave them to him and he jumped right on it. Well I guess neither one of us thought it through very well because when he delivered it friday night the doll house would not fit through the front door.  Luckily we have french doors in the back of the house.  I guess the doll house will live in the family room from now on because we can't get it through the doors.  The house is 5 feet tall and 36 inches by 48 inches.  I think we went a little overboard. :D  Oh well,  I'm gonna have one excited little girl come Christmas morning.  For now we covered it with a blanket and told her it's a present for her dad.  I will try to post some pictures of her with it after Christmas.  Maybe I can get some pictures of Papaw playing barbies with her. ;D Merry Christmas everybody!
5 rugrats = no dull moments here

thecfarm

I think you should remodel the house so the dollhouse with fit.  ;D  Looking forward to pictures of the kids playing with it.Make sure you give it to her last or you won't get her away from it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

I don't know how it's constructed but maybe you can split it down the middle and hinge it.  That way you can bring it in in two sections and put it back together.  She can open it up to better play with it.

We have a bookcase that is 10' long and 4' high.  It was too big to bring down the hall and turn the corner to go in a room we wanted it in.  So I just removed a window and brought it in from the outside.  Now Mary wants it out of that room so I'm thinking I'll just cut in two. :-\
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WDH

Can't wait for the pics.  I know that the little one will love it!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

asy

Wow, that sounds COOL!

I know my daughter would have LOVED something like that when she was a Barbie Girl!

Can't WAIT to see the photos!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Roxie

She's gonna be one happy little girl and she'll get years of enjoyment from that doll house.  I'lll be looking forward to the pictures! 
Say when

scgargoyle

Sounds great- looking forward to seeing the pics! I built a platform bed in our bedroom that wouldn't fit through the door. It stayed with the house  ;D ;D ;D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

faronskid

I stayed up until about midnight lastnight to decorate the doll house.  My kids spent the night with thier grandparents so I could finish it.  We put laminate flooring and wall paper in it.  Then I put all of the barbie furniture that we bought her in it.  It looks so good.  I think I'm going to have more fun with it than she is.  She's just gonna have to share with mommy. ;D

pigman

Quote from: faronskid on December 24, 2007, 07:58:06 AM
She's just gonna have to share with mommy. ;D

...and Grandpa  ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

asy

Quote from: pigman on December 24, 2007, 09:18:11 AM
  ...and Grandpa  ;D

Now...  THAT I wanna see photos of!!!    ;D

Part_Timer

I fugured that maybe your dad would have ya put some of that sycamore flooring in it that he is making for us.  ;) :) :)

Merry Christmas
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Furby

My Grandpa use to make dollhouses that broke down and fit into the base for storage.
The base was a wooden suitcase type thing.
Not nearly as big as you're talking about though.

Patty

A Dollhouse that Grampa made is a little girl's dream come true!

Good one Faron.  :) 
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

faronskid

I had a very excited little girl this morning.  Her eyes got really big when she saw it.  She also got a barbie car so she looked at Papaw and said "Well, it doesn't have a garage for my car" ;D  We all had a very good Christmas. 

]

asy

That's one of the coolest Doll Houses I've EVER seen.

And a magic playmate for a little girl! hehe

Faron, you look like the cat who got the cream. What a proud Papaw you are! Good onya.

WDH

Who is that slim-looking guy in the pics with the Sweetheart?? :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Faron holding three Barbie dolls........priceless!   :)
Say when

Norm

Well now that's just about the neatest present I've seen.  :)

Faron

I would have been awful disappointed if I hadn't been asked to play barbies for just a little while. ;D  We would have been ok on width, but after I got done I didn't like the stability of the thing, and added some more pieces of surplus hardwood flooring to the sides, not really thinking about the extra 1 1/2 inches that was adding. :D  I like the extra stability and better appearance it gave it, even if it means it can't go to the basement- especially since I don't have to work around it. ;)

I have two more grand daughters- how long before I have to build another one, do you think? 
I also understand there were GI Joes rappelling off the Barbie house roof last night.   :D(She has four brothers.)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

faronskid

Yes, there was a GIJoe attack on the house last night, but the barbies held their ground and now all is well in barbieville.   :D  All five of the kids are having a blast with the house, I think the boys like it just as much as Avery does. 

sawguy21

Quote from: Faron on December 26, 2007, 12:57:42 PM

I also understand there were GI Joes rappelling off the Barbie house roof last night.   :D(She has four brothers.)
Now that is funny. We used to sneak the girls out with a ladder.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

submarinesailor

Didn't need a ladder, she had a basement bedroom. ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!