iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New (to me) Skiddah!

Started by NH Forester, March 25, 2013, 12:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NH Forester

Quote from: snowstorm on March 27, 2013, 07:55:26 AM
Quote from: NH Forester on March 27, 2013, 06:34:01 AM
I was going to ask as well. Was it Vinalhaven or Islesboro? Or am I way off?

I saw in the receipts that you were in Appleton when the trans went. I have good friends in Appleton.
did the deere dealer in union fix the trans? if bill rebuilt the trans its good. he is as good as they come. he has been working on them since the early 70's

It was at Hammond Tractor, Union, ME. in '08 but the invoice only has a salesman number, no note of who did the work. If he's the Powershift guru there he's probably the guy. It looks like it was a comprehensive rebuild from the invoice and parts list.

That's good info to have on the mechanic, thanks. Gives me a little extra confidence in the Powershift. I had 4 standard shift machines because I was always very gunshy of the JD Powershift on a used rig. I had heard a few stories about guys going under because they had a dead Powershift that was going to cost $10K to fix. I figured a used rig with a new rebuild on the trans was a safer bet. Especially considering the overall condition of the skidder and long list of recent major repairs all done by a reputable dealer.

A head on a pike no longer conspires.

Norse Proverb

jd540b

That was Squrrell Island off of Boothbay Harbor. We were out there 3 falls ago for a few months-wicked fun job.  Got to go for a boat ride every day. :)  And yes that was Bill that did all the work on that machine-he is the guru.  He did the center pins, steering pins, complete transmission rebuild (charge pump, clutch packs, etc. etc....).  I went thru the whole winch from the control valve, right to the brake band&all new clutch plates, hoses, fittings. 
I was cutting up in appleton at the time.  I have two good friends the live up there.  Just cut another lot there last summer on the Peabody Rd.

haywire woodlot

Quote from: thenorthman on March 25, 2013, 11:24:28 PM
Awh now I want to log an Island... after a golf course, or maybe a golf course on an island!

That sure is a pretty skidder....

X2!!
Dave

Thank You Sponsors!