iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Insurance

Started by colincb183, March 27, 2013, 08:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colincb183

I was on craigslist today looking through jobs and I found a post that said chainsaw operator/logger with own insurance.  I thought employers were supposed to cover workers comp, or would this just be for a sub-contracted cutter that would work on just one job for them?

GeorgeK

If you are an employee they should but if they are contracting you it might be that you need it....
George Kalbfleisch
Woodmizer LT40, twin blade edger, Bobcat A300, Kubota L48 and yes several logrites!

colincb183

Ok, thats what I was kinda thinking.  It doesn't say whether or not the job would be as a full time employee or for contract work.  Thanks for the input!

thenorthman

Most of the cutters around here work on contract, so they carry their own insurance,  both health and L+I if they are smart, as well as liability coverage.

The contract loggers will do the same thing, outfits under contract to a mill for instance.

The rates are very reasonable hereabouts, my liability is about 1/2 of what my liability car insurance is, and it covers allot more two (like an extra zero or two...)
well that didn't work

colincb183

I'm not applying for the job so  I dont know for sure, but im thinking its a guy that has a forwarder (description said cut to length in the woods) looking for someone to cut for him so now im sure its contract work. 

Thank You Sponsors!