iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plant ID

Started by samthesham, July 02, 2022, 11:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samthesham

Anyone know what this plant is?

SwampDonkey

A species of water avens? Is the ground damp? The ones around here have a cream yellow flower inside when they open. Their hooked seed is what we call beggar ticks, gets in fur and clothes.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

samthesham

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 02, 2022, 11:12:25 AM
A species of water avens? Is the ground damp? The ones around here have a cream yellow flower inside when they open. Their hooked seed is what we call beggar ticks, gets in fur and clothes.
Ground is not damp. This stuff is growing along some edges of fields. I am in South Central PA

SwampDonkey

May not be that at all. Looks like a similar bud with all that red hair. You'll know if the bird dog gets full of beggar ticks when hunting pheasants this fall. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chestnut

Google Wineberry.  If so they are good eating in a few weeks.

samthesham

Quote from: chestnut on July 03, 2022, 08:53:22 AM
Google Wineberry.  If so they are good eating in a few weeks.
Thank you. 
I looked it up & found they are an invasive plant. We just started seeing them in my area and they are everywhere.

Thank You Sponsors!