iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tigercats new skidder

Started by OH logger, July 25, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

It's funny how an imminently qualified person, especially in the fields most of us on here are familiar with, can draw so little attention on a job application. Then you happen in to the right person and they are begging you to come work for them🤷🏽‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

Riwaka

Tigercat dozer

"Tigercat is currently developing a purpose built dozer designed specifically for use in forestry applications.
The decision to develop this model was the result of feedback from logging contractors, who stated the unique requirements of forestry operations were not being met by construction industry focused dozer designs. This niche machine is currently in the prototype testing phase, operating in various earthmoving applications in southern Ontario. "

Walnut Beast

quilbilly

Wonder how it'll be different than a kmc or 517/527 cat.
a man is strongest on his knees

Riwaka

Considering Holt/ Caterpillar took how many decades? to go from 
the grey Holt dozer to
Holt bulldozer - YouTube

the Peterson TSK
Building the Peterson TSK - YouTube

Riwaka

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Riwaka

Tigercat LSX870D - something to shovel log the burnt forest with or pre-bunch in grapple cable terrain.

Tigercat Releases LSX870D | Shovel Logger | Tigercat

mike_belben

Quite a machine.  One could probably even do a good bit of minor stumping and raking to build landings with that grapple in ground that isnt too rocky.

Cant do that with a knuckleboom or dangle jointed grapple. 
Praise The Lord

Riwaka

Riwaka

A factory (from the Tigercat Paris, Ontario Factory) prototype TC 180 yarder is testing in Washington. (on TC's FB)

quilbilly

Hmm wonder if they teamed up with summit. Some of the posts on FB seem to indicate Eric krume might have been involved. 

Riwaka

Tigercat LX830E Feller Buncher  'E" series doing the forestry show circuit? Looks like the top cover is angled off differently than the 'D' series.

Riwaka

Tigercat 1165 wheel harvester with Log-Max processor in Sweden.

Looks like the 1165 has been tuned up a bit by the Swedes, compared to the first prototype/ production model.

1165 Harvester Video | 1075C forwarder in Sweden | Tigercat TV

Riwaka

Tigercat 822E  series feller bunchers and harvesters.

New features. top access for debris clearing, on engines. etc

Tigercat Releases E-series 822 | Forestry Products | Tigercat 

nativewolf

Always wondered about the engines in the new tigercat products.  Are they rebranded Fiat Cummings or ?  

Ponsse is about all I'm familiar with and they have Mercedes, Mercedes sold the heavy diesel line to RollsRoyce last year or the year before.  
Liking Walnut

Riwaka

Tigercat uses FPT (Fiat Powertrain Technologies) engines. FPT is a subsidiary of Iveco. Iveco was separated out of CNH Industrial at the end of 2021.
Iveco Group N.V. announces publication of the Prospectus | Iveco Group

The Tigercat bulldozer bit heavier than a new D4, small engine for starters.

TCi 920 Dozer | Forestry Dozer | Tigercat Industries     (135hp 4.5 liter, 35K lbs, 16 metric tonnes) D4 (130hp 4.4 liter, 30K lbs) D5 (170hp 7.1 liter- 42K lbs)  John Deere 700 (135hp, 6.8 liter - 31K lbs base weight)
Tigercat TCi 920
TCi 920 Forestry Dozer - YouTube

Cummins to make Mercedes medium size truck diesel engines at Mannheim, Germany (2021)
Daimler Turns to Cummins for Medium-Duty Engines - Equipment - Trucking Info

Ponsse appears to use MTU engines. 
https://www.mtu-solutions.com/au/en/applications/industrial/agriculture-and-forestry.html
Forestry and Tractor Engines for Modern Lumberjacks - YouTube

Ponsse media introducing new forwarder and harvester next Wednesday.

barbender

Yes, Ponsse runs Mercedes diesels. In fact I think there are only 2 different base engines. The 6 cylinder I think is called a 906, I don't know any specifics on the 4 cylinder. But they are offered in varying horsepower according to application 

The new machines will be the Scorpion Giant harvester, which will be able to be equipped with the H8 head previously only available on the Bear and Ergo 8W. The new forwarder will be called the Mammoth, and it definitely looks like one. 25 metric tonneau capacity,  and the big K121 crane. Another new feature that Ponsse is releasing that is a long time coming is the smart seat, it will rotate with the crane. Similar to John Deere forwarders but just the seat will spin instead of the whole cab. Makes a lot of sense to me, in fact I have always operated that way anyhow. I leave my seat unlocked so I can follow the crane, instead of locking it and getting a sore neck. It probably sounds like a tap dancer in the cab as my boots tap spinning my seat back and forth😁 
Too many irons in the fire

Riwaka

Close to art-house vid of a new TC 890 delivery. The TC 890 has a woodsman pro 850 head. Nearly 1000 pounds heavier than a waratah 626 series II head. The 850's max saw cut is 36.6 inches.

The TC 890 is teamed with a T-MAR LC650 swing yarder and TC 875 loader with a Duxson grapple.

Rainy visit to NAB delivering an 890 - YouTube

Riwaka

Tigercat 822/ 830E walk around.
Some updates on these. Cab, covers.

Tigercat 822E/LX830E Walk-around - YouTube

teakwood

Dang, what a nice and well designed machine, packed full with stuff underneath all those covers.
How much? 600k enough? 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Ken

Quote from: teakwood on July 16, 2022, 07:48:56 AM
Dang, what a nice and well designed machine, packed full with stuff underneath all those covers.
How much? 600k enough?
Maybe in the US but here in Canada an 845E is pushing $650K here on the east coast and it is a smaller machine than the 822E.  

Lots of toys for working in the bush

Walnut Beast

Guys that run mulchers on these and Tigers say it is one bad combo. 

Riwaka

Tigercat 635H with swingboom (winch assist) downhill

635H Swing Boom Skidder - YouTube

quilbilly

Quote from: Riwaka on August 12, 2022, 01:00:25 AM
Tigercat 635H with swingboom (winch assist) downhill

635H Swing Boom Skidder - YouTube
I haven't seen anything done that way before, not quite sure what they gained there. I guess if I was onsite maybe it would make sense

Thank You Sponsors!