iDRY Vacuum Kilns

First try at photo posting

Started by Don K, February 12, 2007, 07:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

I tried Jeff's new tutorial on photos and he made it easy. The hard part was moving my pictures from my camera software to a folder to use with xat. Any way here is my first stab at it.

Sorry about the dude in the picture, he kinda jumped in there will my wife was snapping the picture.   :D :D    I've got a bunch more to put in my gallery as soon as time permits. Thanks Jeff for making it plain enough to convince me to give it a try.

Oh by the way, This is my second load of logs from my first paying customer.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

JimBuis

The guy in the picture?  That's okay....at least the trailer looks good. ;D  Congratulations on achieving another goal, now let's see some more pictures. :)

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Jeff

Hey! That makes it all worthwhile!  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Just like sawing logs,the more that you do it the easier it gets.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

Good job on the pic, Don. 8) 8)

Now, just how do you find customers that bring you logs like that?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

They got some Beautimous Pine in Alabama.  8) 8)

Nice posting job.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

You know, I have a cousin in Alabama - hadn't heard from him in more than 30 years. Well, my grandfather died about a month ago so he ended up calling me just to chat.

And Dang if he didn't remind me of a cousin of his who cut down a bunch of pine trees to build a cabin without permission.

It was a very nice cabin we built I will have you know...  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Don K

DanG,  He came over to look at my log house. They will build one later this year as a hunting camp. Saw I had a mill and asked if I would cut for him. I told him to bring a few and I would cut them and let him see what he thinks.

First load he brings me is five logs. 4 - 8's, 1 - 12. Wants 1X12, 1X10, 1X4, 1X6. Got 697 bdft out that load. Says two other people have cut for him and he didn't realize that you could get that kind of good looking wood off a sawmill. Made me feel good. ;D

The load in the picture yielded 948 bdft. Sunup to sundown. Man,I was beat. I bet I walked a hundred miles by that little manual mill. It was all worth it when he picked up that load last and was pleased. Even better when I gets paid today. ;D ;D.  Said he will bring another load this weekend.  Did I say I'm trying to cut all the stock for a 20' X 40' workshop for myself? ::) :o :-\    Oh well later.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

sawguy21

I finally got brave patient enough to try posting pictures. Followed the directions with the little pictures which eased things considerably. I created my gallery and desktop short cut, cropped the pic to 450 pixels. So far so good.
The problem is, how do I compress the file to the maximum 35K using Picasa? I don't have xat and see no reason to buy it for the limited use it will get. Is there another way?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bedway

sawguy21

It looks like I only get a free 30 day trial unless I am looking in the wrong place.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dave Shepard

Even after the free trial is up, it still does all the functions needed to compress and resize still work. I have been using it since last winter and I haven't found any functions that I needed that didn't still work. Best of all it only takes about a minute to download on dialup, and is also very easy to use.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Dave has it right.I've had Xat on here for a couple years now.Does all that I need to do to get pictures on here and to share with our friends through email.Should work fine for you.Give it a try,if you have trouble,give us a shout.Someone will help you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Sawguy, when you export a photo in Picasa you can change the size and quality (compression).

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=11067
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))