iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My New Air Drying Shed

Started by WDH, April 22, 2016, 08:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

VT, I initially air dry outside, pretty much every stick of wood I have.  However, once its kiln dried and sterilized, it goes inside somewhere, anywhere.  I can't risk the bugs and other issues.  A few weeks ago a customer was looking at some off my air drying green wood stacks and a carpenter bee flew out of a hole it had bored in one of my several times kiln dried pallets.  It was a good reminder of why the "done" wood goes inside so it stays "done". :D

Danny has a seriously nice operation, we have visited him and he is an encyclopedia of knowledge.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

hturner12

Quote from: YellowHammer on August 01, 2018, 02:35:43 PM
VT, I initially air dry outside, pretty much every stick of wood I have.  However, once its kiln dried and sterilized, it goes inside somewhere, anywhere.  I can't risk the bugs and other issues.  A few weeks ago a customer was looking at some off my air drying green wood stacks and a carpenter bee flew out of a hole it had bored in one of my several times kiln dried pallets.  It was a good reminder of why the "done" wood goes inside so it stays "done". :D

Danny has a seriously nice operation, we have visited him and he is an encyclopedia of knowledge.  That is an understatement. Glad I live close. 

Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

123maxbars

Nice Danny! good looking building, I bet its full already,  ;D
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!