iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Desco CNC roto phase converter

Started by drobertson, December 21, 2015, 10:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Bought one several years ago, has worked flawless since, until last week, it won't energize the third leg to start the 40 hp, I have limited technical data with this unit, and have not been contacted back by a tech rep, as of yet, so just picking some brain for now.  I can get by with the wmz for now but need to find the issue.  Any input would be appreciated.  No way currently to post photos of the panel, so the best shot is good enough,  thanks

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

muggs

A typical failure on phase converters is the starting capacitors. Open the the box and check to see if there is clear liquid on top of the caps. If there is, time to replace the cap.

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

muggs

I like it when the solution is simple.      Bob

drobertson

you bet, and thanks for the heads up on the caps,, all good there,, at least for now, panel is on the west wall so the heat builds during the summer,, I had to shake my head when I went to start it the other day,, it was like , what the heck?    thanks muggs,   

drobertson

Had another glitch,, same thing, this time I have noticed the contact relays set between the start capacitors and the run capacitors are getting voltage but not enough to draw them in and hold,,it has a very slight sorta green arch, like a pump switch gets when a wasp gets in between, the only thing between the two is a Dayton timer, and a small coil relay looking thing.  Any input is worth a read, dead in the water until I can get going in the right direction, not sure where to begin, the company has yet to contact me, I think they are still in business.

Thank You Sponsors!