iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor 2020

Started by Ron Wenrich, February 12, 2020, 04:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Winners at War - starts tonight - 2 hr extravaganza.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

8) smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing smiley_bounce materhead

I just felt the need to post a @POSTON WIDEHEAD  tomato head.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

It will be an interesting series, but of course they don't listen to me and vote off the right one.  ::)  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I found it interesting that who cast which votes was not shown ???.  Keeps the alliances hidden and more suspenseful. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

I was surprised Rob and Sandra were not first on the chopping block.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

That would be like going to Jake's sawing project and voting for him to leave first! It aint going to happen.

Holmes

I thought it was a good start but I was surprised that Sandra was given an idol to start everything off. With her initial talk about Boston Rob not telling her he and his wife would be on the show, [like they all did not know what this show is} and she's mad.  Then they give her an idol, it seems to me  like the fix is on. That disappointed me.  They could have done a better job of masking the fix. Ill be rooting for everyone but her.
Think like a farmer.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Jeff on February 13, 2020, 12:07:36 PM
That would be like going to Jake's sawing project and voting for him to leave first! It aint going to happen.
You mean we get to vote on that? :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ron Wenrich

I wonder if Sandra told Rob she would be on.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Cedarman

Giving Sandra the idol is like giving gasoline to an arsonist.  Oh,! the havoc they can cause.  Both camps looked like someone had stomped on an ant hill and they weren't sure what hit them.  Fun to watch.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

I'm watching but I have to admit that I don't understand some of the twists??  smiley_headscratch 

There is still a loong way to go.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

2nd episode where they did not show the votes. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

I'm losing interest. Seems the hard bodies with skimpy bathing suits are few and far between. Just saying....

Been watching reruns. Up to season 23.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

This is the only TV show that I look forward to watching each week, just wish that it was 2 hours long.  ::)

Keeping the audience in the dark regarding the individual votes is keeping us from knowing the drama between different groups but that also changes so I guess that in the end we didn't know anyway.

I have little idea of what's going on on (Tom) the island with the castoffs and those coins.    smiley_headscratch

Raider Bill

I'm not much of a fan of the island and how they get a vote in the end or the tokens.

Jeff

The show continues to perform if you ask me. We have people we like, people we don't like, and new and old things that may or may not have met our approval. Thing is, we still watch, sit and wonder why they did what to whom and what could come next?  I'm rooting for the old guard Rob and Amber but I know that ain't going to happen. OR WILL IT?

Raider Bill

I like Ben and Sarah but it's pretty early yet. Don't think Adam will be around long.

WV Sawmiller

I though Adam was toast after spilling the beans on his friends. These guys know each of their opponents know the game and techniques that worked the first time around won't work the same now. Sure adds a new twist.
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

I thought last night was pretty neat. I liked when the outcasts rallied around Ethan to go make his last climb up the hill to complete his fire token challenge. I thought that was pretty classy. I think it is funny when they do the competitions and Sandra is always the first one to volunteer to sit it out. I don't know if that will come back to bite her or not. Sure did not seem to last night. Adam saved himself by finally getting the key and then his puzzle solver teammates came from behind to win immunity. I think he's pretty high on the chopping block after last weeks shenanigans. I had no real feelings one way or the other about Tyson so no real issue with them giving him the boot.
Howard Green

Raider Bill

I hated to see Tyson go as I liked his attitude and comments. They always cracked me up.

Jeff

Raider Bill

Quote from: Jeff on March 05, 2020, 12:34:25 PM
But he is not gone...
True but we won't see as much of him I bet.

Chuck White

I was surprised, and glad to see Rob go!

I just don't care for those who just state that they ARE going to take over and be in charge!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I hated to see last night's vote but it was a smart move by the other players and very predictable.  Gotta remember that everyone is trying to win!

Of course I am still wondering when the fire starting contest will happen and how the fire tokens will come into play.  Gotta be an advantage somehow like maybe lowering the string a notch or something??

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, he's an awful good player and I hate to see him leave the main group but I agree it was smart of the others. Adam is the one I'd like to see gone next.
Howard Green

Raider Bill

The bright side is Rob and Amber can have a romantic frolic on a tropical island away from the kids.

Jeff

They are also still very much in the game and can truly work together without deceit or at least one would hope.

Magicman

I wish that the first tribal had gone a different way, but I was tickled about the second.  :D

DPatton

The queen of survivor got played and it was a very big move.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Chuck White

I thought it was quite devious, everyone had their sights on Sandra and nothing leaked out ahead of time!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

They both had that look of shock on their face.
Great blind sides!
Glad to see them both go.

WDH

That was very interesting.  In the second Tribal, everyone voted for Denise, and since she cannot vote for herself, she is the one that voted Sandra out.  Gave her a fire token, took her idol, and then stabbed her in the back. 

I thought that Sandra made a great play.  She wanted to get one of the other two strong/dangerous players that she was allied with out without them knowing she set it up, so she seemingly saved Denise by giving her the idol that had to be played by that Tribal Council anyway, thinking that Denise would vote for one of the other two players, and given that Denise would play the idol, it would appear that Denise had used her idol and her vote got the other player.  But Denise turned on her.

Two brilliant moves, only one was successful. 

Raider Bill

Denise's blindsided of Sandra with Sandra's help was the best move in recent memory. The entire tribe was shocked.
One vote toppled the queen.

Jeff

That was masterful. I still think its going to be some one from the island that rises up.

Magicman

Last nights vote was predictable.  Also Sandra's decision showed that she knew that she would have to actually work rather than manipulate to move forward causing her to "dumb out".  I was glad to see her go.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Magicman on March 26, 2020, 07:44:39 AM
Last nights vote was predictable.  Also Sandra's decision showed that she knew that she would have to actually work rather then manipulate to move forward causing her to "dumb out".  I was glad to see her go.
Me too.

WDH

She did not put out much effort. 

Raider Bill

She figured as the "queen" she could just breeze to the $2mil without any effort.

WV Sawmiller

I really thought Wendall was on his way out last night. I was not sorry to see Sandra go ahead and pull the plug. I thought Rob's finding the 3 fire tokens and keeping them secret was classic. We will see how much good that does him.

I liked the immunity contest moving the water - showed where a team working together can get the jump on the others who are faster but more careless.
Howard Green

DPatton

We've seen that immunity before and it was a classic. Sandra was the queen of her own demise. In my opinion Wendell needs to go soon too. Question is how are these fire tokens gonna play out? 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

Don't know but being that they are "fire" tokens, I suspect that they will make the fire challenge easier such as lowering the string or something like that.....but I don't know??

Dakota

Maybe they'll use the fire tokens so they can buy out of a fire challenge.
Dave Rinker

Jeff

Magicman

Last night's episode was entertaining.  I was neither surprised nor disappointed with the immunity idol, vote off, nor returning member.  Even though I don't particularly like Rob, I couldn't help from rooting for him but Tyson is a very good player which is why he was voted off before. 

Raider Bill

I was glad to see Tyson come back and Wendell voted off.
I bet his ex GF was thrilled.

WV Sawmiller

I'm with MM and was rooting for Bob who came so close to getting back in. Nothing against Tyson. I did hate to see Wendall get the ax. Adam is still the one I don't like. I really expected Nick to go. My hat is off to their games master who comes up with these contests. They are first rate IMHO.
Howard Green

Cedarman

I would have liked to see split screen of Tyson and Rob to see just how close it was.  Was rooting for Rob, but Tyson is fine.  Glad to see Wendell go.  Few more I want to see gone. Wonder when Edgers get there last shot.  Puts our other concerns out of mind for an hour.  Love it.

Raider Bill

We've been re-watching all the seasons. Up to season 22 so far. Watching some of these winners play for the first time is interesting.

Magicman

I am not gonna miss Adam.  ::)

WV Sawmiller

I was happy to see weasel Adam exiled. I thought it was a hoot when he tried to play the "Idol" in Jeff's podium only to find he had guessed wrong. Now I won't be surprised if the producers come up with something like an idol on display at tribal council. I loved the challenges where they had to stand on the triangles in the ocean. Who ever dreams up these challenge games must have a real sick mind.

I'd like to see Nick or Tony go next.
Howard Green

WDH

Cedarman

Nick can go.  I am with WDH, Tony can stay.  What a wild show.  Just shows you how rumors can stir the pot.  Works in real life too.  You mean survivor ain't real life!!!

Jeff

I like Tony too. Im still rooting for Boston Rob, somehow.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Cedarman on April 10, 2020, 06:52:39 AM
Nick can go.  I am with WDH, Tony can stay.  What a wild show.  Just shows you how rumors can stir the pot.  Works in real life too.  You mean survivor ain't real life!!!

I agree about Nick.
Sarah screwed up.
I liked how Ben pinned adams ears back.

btulloh

Quote from: Jeff on April 10, 2020, 07:00:14 AM
I like Tony too. Im still rooting for Boston Rob, somehow.
That about sums it up for me.  It's an interesting season, any way you look at it.  I guess mainly I'm pulling for old school.
HM126

Magicman

Well this was an exciting and entertaining episode.  Everyone seeing and visiting with their families was a very nice twist and quite appropriate. 

Tyson getting voted off again was expected because he is such a good player and a genuine  threat.

WV Sawmiller

I thought it was a real tear jerker when they started out bringing the families and especially the kids. I thought it was pretty classy of the producers not to have a challenge excluded family visits by some and extra nice to let the folks on the edge see their families too. You can make a case for and against them all getting to see them but I'm a softy when it comes to families.

Congrats to Tony. Well earned immunity. Sorry to see Tyson go but not that unexpected.
Howard Green

Cedarman

That had to be a real pick me up moment for the exiles.  The producers really captured the moments well. Much fun to see their happiness.
I think Jeremy wasted his exit.
Kim wasted an idol.
What did Sarah get for her 2 votes?
I may be slow on picking up on the consequences of these 3 actions.
Anyway, a great show letting those of us who enjoy it an hour of pure escapist entertainment.

Jeff

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. 

Chuck White

As far as I'm concerned this was the BEST show yet this season!  :)

Magicman

For me tonight's episode was sorta   ::)

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, I don't know why Sophie was a threat to anyone.

One thought I had was when Tony was sticking his hand in hollow trees and under logs and such looking for the immunity idol was that they must produce these shows in pretty safe areas. No kid raised in rural Mississippi or N. Fla would ever blindly stick his hand in a hollow tree or under a log or such unless he had some kind of death wish or loved pain or such.

I liked the extortion challenge.
Howard Green

Cedarman

I am with you WV.  All kinds of critters hide in holes and they like to protect their holes.
Sophies vote was a threat and I think that is one reason.  At this stage they are all threats. That is why they are playing each other so hard.  Fun to watch. Her immunity idol will be a big reminder to make her rethink her game and how she missed the blindside.

Raider Bill

Tony had me cracking up as he read the note. He was all into extorting someone else till that last line.

Magicman

No real surprises last night because we really can't believe the conversations that we are allowed to hear.  Tony had better play smart to keep alive or he will leave with an idol in his pocket.  ::)

Next week is 2 hours so it may be time for the "exiles" to get another chance.  ???

Jeff

WV Sawmiller

I missed it all except the vote. I got in late and turned it on and they were at tribal and all I saw was Jeremy making some sort of false start like he was debating on playing an idol then not then Kim got voted off.
Howard Green

Cedarman

The producers play us like a fiddle.  But I like the music.

Jeff

I think we have been given a subliminal clue by the producers in the last episode on how Rob hurt his elbow then bowed out of the coconut gathering challenge, then re-engaged to finish it after it was over, and it showed amber teared up talking about how Rob never gives up

Raider Bill

I hope in the future they stop the tribal whispering.

Jeff

10 seconds of talk costs one fire token, given to the person with immunity.

DPatton

This weeks episode was enjoyable. Michelle was 100% right about voting off Jeremy, and Nick paid the price that she said he would. Immunity was her golden ticket to say in the game. Tony is everywhere this season and playing hard. I can't wait to see if Sara is going to stick with "cops-r-us" or dish out her long awaited revenge on Tony when the time is right. Natalie has been impressively strong at exile, but Tyson's got game.

D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

Yes the episode was enjoyable and I am anxious to see how it turns out. 

The finale is supposedly always "live" so I wonder how it will be handled this time with the C-19 virus stuff??

Raider Bill

Michelle just kicked butt on that puzzle after being so far behind.

pine

Not a fan of Tony but glad he won.  He deserved it.

Jeff

Good for Tony. The man showed true heart.

WDH

It is amazing that Tony won after Natalie came in and turned everything upside down.  It is also amazing and hard to believe that he did not get a single vote the whole time as he was such a threat.  He played brilliantly.   

Magicman

Yup, like him or not (I was not his fan) he played an outstanding game, and was a very deserving winner. 

I didn't understand the cowboy's last move to get booted?  The big deal about the Fire Tokens was overplayed.  Maybe there were purchases made behind the scenes that we didn't see??

Raider Bill

I vote for no tokens, no coming back and no whispering at tribal in the future.

I noticed at the end last night Jeff was recruiting 15-16 year olds to try out.
Maybe there's going to be a teeny bopper season. Or teens vs geezers. Lol

Jeff

The teens will be allowed to play via video from home and be fed rations of pizza rolls

Cedarman

Not a fan of Natalie , but she impressed me that even though voted out first and very discouraged, she looked to the future and worked her tail off to get back in the game. Reminds me of the frog being swallowed by the stork with its hands around the storks neck.  Caption, never give up, never never give up.
I liked that Tony won.  The winners made up a great season that made for enjoyable Wed evenings.  All deserving to be in the final 3. Future survivors should make sure they know how to start a fire, and then how to build it up quickly.  2 steps.

WDH

Quote from: Jeff on May 14, 2020, 09:22:24 AM
The teens will be allowed to play via video from home and be fed rations of pizza rolls
Some immunity challenges would be raking the yard, cutting and stacking firewood, and seeing who can get out of bed before 8:00 :)

WV Sawmiller

Danny,

Those challenges would likely be considered too difficult and the players might just lay down on you and refuse to participate. :D

I was sawing a late job (Did not finish sawing till 2100 or so and was squinting to see the board height on the ruler) so I did not see the final episode. I was not a fan of Tony but he did what he needed to win. His spy tree evidently worked for him. I guess you have to have a special personality character (Defect?) to win these things sometimes. I was rooting more for Ben than most of the others I guess. Then again, they did not call and ask for my vote. We will see what the next one looks like. 
Howard Green

Jeff

Everybody gets an immunity idol!!

WV Sawmiller

I want to see an episode where they have an anti-immunity idol and can nullify the immunity winners idol and actually vote off the winner. That should catch them off guard and see how that changes the play of the rest of the game. :D :D
Howard Green

Jeff

They have had immunity idol nullifiers, I think last season. I cant remember id there was one this year.

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

I know they had idol nullifiers that canceled the special ones the contestants found in the area but they never had one that nullified the necklace the immunity challenge winner was wearing. That is the one I want to see. Of course they would have to play it before the vote or nobody would know they could vote against the winner. ;)
Howard Green

Chuck White

That would for sure be different!  :o

Thank You Sponsors!