iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How about this,  EZ ?

Started by Bro. Noble, August 31, 2004, 07:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

EZ,  remember a while back you suggested we all chip in and get the 'Big Guy' a mill?  We decided that wouldn't be fair to our sponsers that manufacture mills.

Well,  I got to thinking ::) -------that sometimes happens. :o

Jeff's gonna need a mill since he's not gonna saw at the big mill.  

There's 5 mill manufacturers that sponser the forum and some more otter.

The 'Pigout'  (that was my term,  by the way)  was a huge success and was well attended.  Next year's rondyvoo or whatever (personally I prefer 'Da big Doings') promises to be even bigger and better.

Looks to me like the sponsers would jump at the chance to leave a new or used machine at Jeff's for a year.  They could draw straws to see who got to be first.  That way Jeff would have first hand experience on the mills that the members use and the sponsers sell.

People who visit Jeff could get some hands on experience with the mill.

The manufacturer could deliver it to the 'Doings' and demonstrate it to the attendees.  The Owner of the previous years mill could also demonstrate it and likely send it home with a new owner.

So,  EZ,  whadda ya think?
milking and logging and sawing and milking

chet

QuoteWell,  I got to thinking ::) -------that sometimes happens. :o

Oh Boy, we could be in big trouble now.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

EZ

Sounds like a plan to me, but it depends on the Big Guy. ;D
EZ

Arthur

Bro. Noble

As a manufacture this sort of promotion is quite possible.  12 months seems a long time though.

With the number of different mills out there it would be many years before you could compair mills and by then the current one you are compairing would hopfully be far more advanced than the one you looked at 3 or 4 years ago.

With experienced millers and a day or two of hands on (from the manufacture) with someone who knows how to get the best from that mill I would think that 3 or 4 months would work fine.  Should be enough time to get the feelings for any mill. :)

OneWithWood

Not a bad idea you hatched there Noble :)

Only one littled catch - Jeff said something about feeling like he can't physically maintain at the big mill where he basically sits on his keester all day and punches buttons on a joy stick.  How is he going to cope with a mill that requires all kinds of physical exertions?  You ought to check with Thumper 'cause you know who will end up doing the physical stuff :D ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bro. Noble

Heck,  I just said I sometimes do some thinking--------never said I was good at it :D :D

I know Jeff is having shoulder problems,  I, and several other members know what that's like.  He would probably need a buddy to come by and help him saw for a while.  I guess he ought to have a little say in this anyway ;)

Maybe some of the other manufacturers will get wind of this and express their opinions and suggestions.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!