iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The More I See And Hear...The Better I Feel

Started by Burlkraft, June 14, 2006, 07:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Ya Know.....I hope EVERYONE here appreciates what Jeff has here and lets us all be a part of. I watched this site for about a year before I started posting...My company is a sponsor and Jill thinks I'm obsessed.
I spent some time with Stumpy today and he is a great guy with a nice little set up where he is at. I've met Beenthere, Charlie, Plowboy and today found out that just down the road a piece there is another member named Wyatt. These are all quality people that you wouldn't mind having in your home. I've had contacts with countless people here like Woodsteach, DanG, Radar67,Part Timer, Teri, Crtreedude and of course the Costa Rican Deadheader.....You just can't find this anywhere else on the internet. Most sites you would never do anything like this. Have any of you ever had felt that you could sense the good in people by just corisponding by e-mail ??? Most sites are filled with frauds and blow hards.
I just bought my sawmill off this site ;D ;D ;D
What is going on here is VERY special and I'm sure you all know that. I get the feeling that most of you are like family and with good reason....you all are great people. I cannot wait for the pig roast so I can chew the fat with more of you because I know that ya'll will be just like that ;) ;) ;)

Thanks to Jeff and all the Admins for keeping this site just what it is......special...Very Special 8) 8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

isawlogs

Hey thanks Burlcraft for putting into words what I think of theis place and of the people that make it up , I also have met with a few from here and I even was honored to have a Foridian  ;D  call me up , what hoot ,
  When here I feel like I am among friends at a campfire , theres always one to stir it up some  :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

crtreedude

Well, I am honored to be included with such a list of people.

Belonging to a few forums, I can tell you this place is unique from what I can tell.  I get a lot more smiles from this forum than just about any other place I could name.

I think Asy's post today about sport hunting is a very good example of how this group works. She bent over backwards to express curiousity regarding a way of life she doesn't know - but realizes that there are a lot of people she respects who participates in it.

Imagine the good that could be in the world if we took that point of view in trying to understand others - instead of assuming that what we didn't understand must be wrong.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

crtreedude

Oh, and Burlkraft - thank you and the other full sponsers for supporting our habit!
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Bill

" Imagine the good that could be in the world if we took that point of view in trying to understand others - instead of assuming that what we didn't understand must be wrong. "

Many times in strange places people do look at you funny if you don't do it their way. Seems that asking about it maybe everyone could come away with something they learned .

( Now let's just not get to thinking I'm talking about a special kinda breakfast food ( starts with g ) here  ;D  )

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Teri

This is THE only place I go to talk to people.... Everybody seems like family to me. Even got to meet a few as well. 8)

chet

Don't forgit about da Piggy Roast in 52 days.  :)  It's a great way ta meet a whole lotta Foresty Forum folks in a short time.

It's a great time, even though Jeff has been known ta schedule his septic diggin' ta coincide with all the free help available.   :D  :D  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pigman

Quote from: Burlkraft on June 14, 2006, 07:33:52 PM
Most sites are filled with frauds and blow hards.

I think Burlkraft has me figured out without meeting me.
Bob

Quote from: crtreedude on June 14, 2006, 08:01:13 PM
Well, I am honored to be included with such a list of people.

I like to take quotes out of context. Kind of changes the meaning. ;) :D ;D

Bob

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

Bob,

They are just decrying your honesty and friendly, outgoing and bubbly personality. 8) :D

DanG

Not to speak of your good looks and debonair demeanor.  You going to the piggy roast, Bob?  Me and Woodbowl are thinking of low-leveling up in the Geo-Huey.  We might could stop and tie you to the skids, just for old time's sake. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

getoverit

I have now met at least 10 forum members face to face, and am not dissappointed in any of them. They are all gentlemen and friends. There is no other place in the world like the Forestry Forum!

Thanks for helping make this all possible Burlkraft!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

pigman

Quote from: DanG on June 14, 2006, 11:14:19 PM
Me and Woodbowl are thinking of low-leveling up in the Geo-Huey.  We might could stop and tie you to the skids, just for old time's sake. ;D
Sounds like a good plan to me. 8) My wife is planning on going too, but she can just fly up on her broom.
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

:D :D :D

You ain't right, Bob.  You just ain't right!  I like that. ;D 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

submarinesailor

Pigman,

Does your wife's broom have room for another? ??? ??? ???  Can she stop by and pick up mine?  I'm sure they will get along just fine!!!! :D :D :D  That would make it so I can drive the way men should drive – from fill up to fill up, with NO STOPS for anything (nothing but diesel fuel and fast food, the type we are not suppose to have).

Bruce

stumpy

I had invited Burlcraft  to stop in someday when he's in the area. Much to my surprise and enjoyment, He showed up the next day. It was a pleasure to meet him and even though we only talked for a couple hours, I feel I learned alot. Just as I do every time I come to this site.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Burlkraft

Uhhh...Stumpy...You learned sumpthin from me ??? ??? ???

I can't imagine what that was :D :D :D

It was great to visit with ya...You're the only guy I know that has a true urban sawmill. There tucked away right in town is a little oasis with some trees....a barn.....a really nice mill setup....and a neighbor who really doesn't mind ;) ;) ;)

Good luck with them monster oaks yer gonna saw today :) :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

tnlogger

wal now there is not a thing I can add too this  :)  very well said and we are a big family. Iv'e met a couple of members, called a few more and talked and talked and had a very good time.
as far as the pig roast yes sir I'll be there. Any of ya tennessee hill folks that want to go yell at me.  I think I can talk the boss outa her van for a few days and have room for 6.  PM me with yer # and a time to call and we'll
Get-er-Done  ;D
gene

stumpy

Well Burlkraft, I sawed them monsters today. I had to slab off 2 sides on each log to fit on the mill, and it was a real "bear" turning them on the mill, but they sawed up beautifull and got just under 1000 board feet.  It was one day that would have been easier with a swinger/slabber.

P.S. Yes I did learn a thing or two. But don't get a big head, at my age, I'll probably forget it all in a day or 2!  Ha Ha
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Thank You Sponsors!