iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

036 ate another wrist pin clip

Started by Tom King, June 02, 2020, 09:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Professor

Quote from: lxskllr on July 05, 2020, 11:56:56 AM
All my small cans(<5G) are 2stroke only, and I never fill them unless I'm adding oil at that time. It's virtually impossible for me to add straight gas to my gear.
I use a chemistry graduated cylinder to measure out mix oil.  Then do 2-5 gal of mix at a time.
I transfer the mixed fuel to repurposed labeled 1-gal Coleman/white gas metal cans.  The cans are handy size to bring into the woods and they protect the mix from light and air/moisture. It's hard to  mix those up as my stove/lantern fuel cans are with my camping gear and are not labeled mix

Real1shepherd

If you're needing portability, take a lesson from fire line fighters. They use special cans and have a 'system'.

In the woods for yrs I used the double cans that are oil/gas mix on one side and bar oil on the other. The ones Baileys used to sell I could slip my axe handle in. One arm carried that and the chainsaw/bar slung on my shoulder with the other arm.

Kevin

Tom King

Just an update.  I still haven't bothered with this saw yet.  Too much else ahead of it on the to-do list.  I did run across the parts book, so called to price some OEM parts.

Long story shortened:  New Stihl crank, and bearings would run about $435 plus shipping, and sales tax.  New MS 362 with new 20" bar and chain $767.  Meteor cylinder kit was something like $135.  That puts parts for the old saw at less than $200 below the cost of a new saw.

OEM bearings were only around $23 each, so I may get them, and try the chinese crank.

OEM crank, for more than half the cost of a new saw is not going to happen for this one.  

Real1shepherd

Meteor now has the 'dirty' distinction of being partnered with Hyway in some way.....be aware.

Kevin

Al_Smith

I have no doubt if you look around you could do it cheaper than that .I know I could and it would be fine .Of course it might take me a year to round up all the stuff to make it happen. :D Which is why you need a lot of saws so you have something to use . 8)

Air Lad

Quote from: Real1shepherd on September 03, 2020, 07:05:49 PM
Meteor now has the 'dirty' distinction of being partnered with Hyway in some way.....be aware.

Kevin
Put one in my 039 squeel about a year ago methinks.
The casting in the intake side needed some cleaning up
There was excessive (alloy) lumps in some places
Nikasil seemed fine.
Point is , I was learning about porting improvements at the time so no problem
Just playing around as a hobbyist.
But others may buy this stuff thinking it is good to go. It may go .. But not as good as..

Thank You Sponsors!