iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dish or Direct?? Decision Made.

Started by Magicman, February 05, 2014, 08:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjbc

I have direct and it works fine. If you loose signal every time you have a storm you need to check the alignment of your dish or trim some trees. If you check signal strength in your Receiver it should be better than 90%. It will work down to about 70% when there are no heavy clouds. I could save some money by changing to cable but then I couldn't take my Receiver to camp
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Magicman

We decided on neither.  We made a trip to the Cable One office today and they fixed us up with two boxes that will allow us to reach the additional channels.  It was a simple "plug & play" installation  :)  Total cost was an additional $15 per month for the boxes and channel package.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John R

Quote from: Magicman on February 05, 2014, 10:10:11 PM
My internet is through my landline telephone service and no complaints.  I am ½ mile out of reach for AT&T uverse.

TWC is not on Directv, I'm looking into a change to Dish from Directv.
Directv just keeps upping the cost, and you get nothing for it.
Called them today about maybe getting a little better deal, no dice.
I pay almost $100 a month for just basic, I think that's way too high for TV. 
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

Holmes

Since I last posted on this thread  Feb. 5  dish went up from $65 to $67 to $69 and added more taxes.  :(
Think like a farmer.

petefrom bearswamp

My dish just went up 5 a month.
We are at 80 plus or minus now.
I have been with them since 1994.
MY DIL calls and gets them to forego the increase but I just keep putting off calling.
Snow does get on the dish, (it is on my roof) but I just spray it with water from the hose to get the snow off.
Cloud cover never seems to bother
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Holmes on February 21, 2014, 05:06:40 PM
Since I last posted on this thread  Feb. 5  dish went up from $65 to $67 to $69 and added more taxes.  :(

Stop posting and maybe it'll go down.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!