iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We Got Snow!!

Started by Kevin_H., December 22, 2004, 06:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber_Framer

:oFreezin rain topped with snow, what a mess! I remember Dallas being shut down because four inches of snow landed on two inches of rain. There were two enterprising Yankees with a 4x4 and a tow strap that made abundle O' Cash that weekend ;D

I had -44°F windchills this morning when I went to check on the hens. I was surprised not to find a dozen chicken sickles but they were fine. Huddled together pretty tight but they were fine. All the eggs were split open because they were frozen, but when I thawed them on the kitchen counter they closed back up!

I don't know about bears in NB but if I were to see a track around here this time of the year I would tend to believe something was wrong and maybe track it down to make sure no one got hurt. But I guess in the Maritimes the frost ain't so deep in the ground yet so an active bear may not be that surprising.

I do feel for all you boys that don't have the equipment to deal with this mess. It's tuff enough at times even though you've got all the proper gear! Good luck ya'll.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

RMay

Kirk I will second that about Little Rock ! I was in Little Rock yesterday when it started , in one hours time it had 3 in. on the roads.
here is what we ended up getting at home the snow storm of 04 ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

beetle

I as well remember thst blizzard of 78 here in Ohio, I was just a kid and it shut this place down for a week. Being a youngster with a old 49 Willy's pickup, I had a blast!

To be a kid again, I took my Son out yesterday and drug him around on his sled behind the four wheeler, he hooted, hollered, and squeeled for a hour until his teeth chattered.
Too many hobbies...not enough time.

Thank You Sponsors!