iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back up camera

Started by hopm, April 03, 2018, 10:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopm

I am real close to having my 01 F450 road ready. Got the bed on yesterday and still have a bit of whittling to do to get it the way i want. Started thinking about i will primarily be using this truck to pull and how handy a backup camera could be. Anybody have a suggestion for a system that is easy installed, dependable, and not overly priced. I have looked at some of the wireless magnetic hitch cameras that seem to be an option, but I know I am waaaaay out of my field on this and am just looking for some guidance. Thank you in advance for any and all response.

ChugiakTinkerer

Woodland Mills HM130

mike_belben

I had pieced together a dual channel screen and 2 different cameras on amazon for like $40 or so total shipped and it was exceptional on my 4door + sleeper international MDT where the hitches are a mile back.  One pointed at the goose and one at pintle/receiver.. Was excellent until i smashed one and the other died.  Never had to get out and look.  
Praise The Lord

WV Sawmiller

Mike,

No offense here my man but how could it be excellent if you smashed it? :D

When I hook up to my mill I just stand a shovel or such against the hitch and back up till I bump it. The dents in my bumper probably show that is not the best system.  ::)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Woodcutter_Mo

I'm not sure how good they are but Walmart atleast used to sell a backup camera kit that mounted on the license plate mount and had a rear view mirror that when activated part of it would turn into a LCD monitor screen. I had thought about installing a similar setup on my truck one day.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

mike_belben

Backed into it with bobcat.
Praise The Lord

Ianab

Quote from: mike_belben on April 04, 2018, 11:38:57 PM
Backed into it with bobcat.
Need a backup camera on the Bobcat too?  ;) :D
My little Toyota has a backup camera built into the stereo. VERY handy for backing up to trailer hitches as the rear visibility basically sucks. Camera is just above the licence plate on the back hatch, and looks slightly downward. This has the tow hitch clearly visible at the bottom of the screen, so set it up like that so you have a direct view from straight above the hitch.
The other nice use is if you have to back out of angle parking onto a busy street, and your view is blocked by a large vehicle beside you. The camera on the back is far enough out to see down the street and check for traffic, so you don't have to back out blind and hope they avoid you. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mike_belben

Yeah id love one on there but rain would wreck it.  Ive got a fused vertebrae in my neck and cant turn much better than frankenstein.  Need to get some mirrors in the thing soon.  My kids are always running right up to me in it despite me screaming my head off about it. 
Praise The Lord

DDW_OR

many years ago i got a wireless backup camera from Sam's Club. Peak pkc0rc
over the years the wireless part stopped working so i got the 2 camera system from Harbor Freight #62284.

I mounted one of the cameras in a metal outlet box. i then use a STRONG magnet to place the camera box where i want it. either at the hitch or to watch the load or ground clearance, or at the back end of the trailer.

"let the machines do the work"

Thank You Sponsors!