iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440a john deere

Started by phil-tinker, November 10, 2010, 05:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil-tinker

anyone with help ----sometimes when you push clutch in brake pedal moves like you are pushing it and sometimes it feels like brakes are on    new at owning skidder need to learn alotttttttttt

snowstorm

if the return spring on the break petal is missing just the weight of the brake petal can do it. ifthats not it then probelms with brake valve.........or the parking brake is on

Bobus2003

Mine does it sometimes too.. Been that way since my dad bought it in '94.. Never worried about it.. Just something i deal with on occasion

phil-tinker

what do you do and also when this happens you can not even lift the blade

snowstorm

are you sure the diff. lock isnt on???? the small petal on the left down is on. if its on  dose all kinds of strange things. one other thing if while lifting the blade you step on the brakes and it gose to the floor........may be the priority valve......the old A's had some steering valve and blade valve problems. for anyone with blade valve problems if it has the big square selective control valve toss it buy a closed center spool valve [$150] build a bracket hose it up works much better

Bobus2003

Quote from: snowstorm on November 11, 2010, 06:35:36 PM
are you sure the diff. lock isnt on???? the small petal on the left down is on. if its on  dose all kinds of strange things. one other thing if while lifting the blade you step on the brakes and it gose to the floor........may be the priority valve......the old A's had some steering valve and blade valve problems. for anyone with blade valve problems if it has the big square selective control valve toss it buy a closed center spool valve [$150] build a bracket hose it up works much better

Have to agree with this..

A quick pop into reverse seems to cure the "Parking brake" feeling..

I have put a New valve in the skidder, I rigged it up so i have hyd. out the back so i can pull a disc, and have hydraulics on it

Thank You Sponsors!