iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl Medium (12.1mm) Mount Bar Weights 16"-24"

Started by Keepfixin, April 12, 2024, 11:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keepfixin

Thought I would bring up the bar weight subject. Probably has been touched upon before I'm sure. Was thinking of getting a smaller saw running 3/8 LP chain to kinda fill in the niche of felling and delimbing. Also a saw that was more nimble and easier to handle than my 026, 034 Super, 036, and 044. But it seems that the 026 with a shorter 16" bar is a pretty good balance of power, weight, and handling. So here's a chart of my friend and I's findings with bars that we've weighed. The highlighted entries are results from replies from eBay sellers. Hope this helps some people decide what to run. Also to just make the best with the saw or saws that we own!

Edit: All combo weights are with full comp chain. Also again these are bars that fit medium mount Stihl saws from 024 - 066.
Jesus: The Way, the Truth, and the Life. John 14:6

Kodiakmac

Thanks for this, Keepfixin.  There's more weight in a bar and chain than I thought.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Thank You Sponsors!