iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

were can i get band saw blades sharpen

Started by 44woody, March 23, 2013, 03:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

44woody

i live in a macon georgia area and i was wondering where i could get my blades sharpened

Ga Mtn Man

If you're using WM blades, then WM in Newnan would be a good choice.  Cook's Saw in AL will sharpen any blade.  I send my blades to a FF member in W. VA who does a superior job on my blades.  I can PM you his info if you like.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Gasawyer

Welcome to the forum 44woody. I use WM resharp in newnan. I have been told of but not used yet  http://www.jordansbandsaw.com/ .  They are in Cohutta, Ga and have done a good job for some of my customers.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

WDH

Welcome to the Forum 44Woody.  I also use Woodmizer Re-sharp at Newnan, GA. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

44woody

thanks yall i well check them out i used to be on here  then i had to start driveing trucks an i just got me a used band sawmill

thecfarm

44Woody,welcome to the forum. How many blades you got? I think the resharp you need to send 10 at a time. I'm just a small time guy and I'm down to under 10 now. I just asked around at the hardware store and found a guy that way. But it's a bother and cost gas money to bring them to him and than pick up too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, 44woody.   :)

How about sharing some more information about yourself and your sawing interest.  What kind of sawmill?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

44woody

its an old one it well cut 18 foot by 30 inc  im just learning with it i was useing a home made chain saw mill

44woody

44woody

WDH

Woodmizer Re-sharp will only resharpen Woodmizer blades. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

What mill did you get woody,and what profile band .Like WDH said woodmizer only sharpens their on brand.I'm just south of you about 100 miles.Welcome back.
al glenn

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. I am just south of Dublin and sharpen my own. What kind of blades do you have? And what profile are they?
I sharpen my own and do a little bit of sharpening for others.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

44woody

its a TA schmid mill i dont what pich the teeth are the blade 145 1.25 ive done broke one blade im learning a lot lol

POSTON WIDEHEAD

By using Woodmizer re-sharp, you not only get a sharp blade back but they also inspect blades for cracks and replace an unsafe blade with a new one.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

44woody

well i drive truck so got home an cut some wood now im down to one good blade i live just off i 75 eixt 198 an they r not wm blades so the guy in newnan wont do me any good

Bibbyman

Quote from: 44woody on March 28, 2013, 09:57:37 PM
well i drive truck so got home an cut some wood now im down to one good blade i live just off i 75 eixt 198 an they r not wm blades so the guy in newnan wont do me any good

Well, it may be good to talk to the folks in Newman. Buy a couple of boxes of Wood-Mizer blades and when one box is dull, send them to ReSharp.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Gasawyer

Woody is exit 198 Johnstonville rd? If it is your about 35miles from me I use exit 201 often to get home. I was told of another band supply and sharpening service that is in Woodbury. Got to talk to them next week and see what they offer. I'll let you know if they will work with the small operators.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

44woody

Gasawyer  thanks i well be looking forward to hearing what u come up with

Thank You Sponsors!