iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

glow plug indicator

Started by slider, January 18, 2012, 12:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

May be marty or sparks can answer this one.On my lt 70 remote ,sometimes ,not always the glow plug indicator light will stay on after the engine is running.Will this harm anything ? Relay sticking Amby.Is there a test i can perform to be sure that the glow plugs are not staying on after the engine is running ? thanks al
al glenn

jueston

how long does the light stay on? it seems to me if the glow plugs were staying on too long they would be burned out by now....

but i'm sure someone who knows more about the lt70 then me will be here soon with some specific knowledge...

slider

jueston it stays on until i switch the key off sometimes.I was thinking the same thing burned out glow plugs.I would think it would go out when the engine starts.Sometimes it goes out right away sometimes not.  thanks  al
al glenn

Magicman

I figured that Marty would pick this up by now.  My suggestion is to call WM.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MartyParsons

Hello,
I am out standing in a field. At a show.
The relay is sticking. It will make the glow plugs stay on and shorten the life on them. Remove the glow plug relay and shake it. If it rattles the diode came loose. Could also be the connections at the relay loose. There is a timer on the relay it should only stay on for 45 sec. . The relay should turn off once it sees the starter engauge. 
What revision is the 70?
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

terrifictimbersllc

The advice above plus check the voltage at your glow plug strip to see if it is on after the engine starts.  Wire going to strip across plug area, coming from relay.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!