iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rant

Started by warren46, January 16, 2016, 06:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren46

I just composed a four paragraph rant about a customer pickup but I decided it was not very edifying so I will just say I want to rant.
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

drobertson

most times its better this way, I've felt compelled to rant a few times, most fact is probably have at some point, just think about our wives who so lovingly listen all the while most likely laughing under their breath  :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Probably a good call.  I too have composed some posts and after reading them, decided that they needed to be abandoned.  Sometimes frustration is soothed when you realize that airing laundry serves no purpose but to stink up the neighborhood. 

Now your FF friends are here and very willing to listen and offer suggestions.  Hey, that's what friends are for.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

What a tease. Now I want to know.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

drobertson

Quote from: LeeB on January 16, 2016, 07:45:20 AM
What a tease. Now I want to know.  :D
after my post, I thought, "you could still tell us about your day, in maybe two paragraphs" :D inquiring minds like to know,, It could serve as a lesson to many of us.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Mooseherder

Quote from: warren46 on January 16, 2016, 06:32:29 AM
I just composed a four paragraph rant about a customer pickup but I decided it was not very edifying so I will just say I want to rant.

What did that Goat do now?  ;D

dgdrls

Customer or buyer, we've all been there.  The act of writing it, reading it and realizing its not worth it
can be more powerful than going off huffing and puffing about it.

Dan

paul case

Hang in there. don't get discouraged.
I have thought that I have had almost every possible problem with customers  but then something comes along and adds to the list.

Some folks are just around to make you appreciate the other folks more.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

samandothers

Warren
It is sometimes good to 'talk' it out and get it off your chest.   However, if typing and retyping did that then good!   Hope you don't have a repeat episode of what ever it may have been.

Ox

The posts about how people can be "wanting" or "lacking" in certain ways are always among my favorites.  Somehow I guess it reinforces my belief that society seems to be getting slowly dumbed down.  However, your hesitation to post your experience shows your candor, so a "well done" is in order.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

warren46

All I will say about my rant is that it involves waiting for 2 hours outside in rain at temperature in the mid 30's for someone driving an 18 wheel tractor/trailer to pick up 400 board feet of lumber.
Warren E. Johnson

Percy

Quote from: dgdrls on January 16, 2016, 08:19:51 AM
   The act of writing it, reading it and realizing its not worth it
can be more powerful than going off huffing and puffing about it.

Dan

Excellent!!! smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

LeeB

I can see where that might get your dander up a little.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

Likely solved the issue by writing, reading, thinking about it & deleting it and not going any further!

All kidding aside, we've probably all been in that situation!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ladylake

I'll rant, a high of -2 today a low of -22 tonight and a high of -6 tomorrow .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

beenthere

That is just a nice winter day "up Nort" in Minnersnowta.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Roxie

Well, the title of your thread alone has drawn quite a crowd.  As of this post, 500 views. 

We're drawn like moths to a flame (old saying) to conflict.   :D :D
Say when

kensfarm

If they had already paid..  after 1/2 hr after designated time.. the wood would be waiting for them in the rain while I was back at home. 

warren46

Quote from: beenthere on January 16, 2016, 03:38:36 PM
That is just a nice winter day "up Nort" in Minnersnowta.  ;D

Look, I grew up about half way between St. Paul and Duluth but on the Wisconsin Side.  That is why I live in North Carolina now.  I have a sister that still lives there in the summer but has a winter home in Kansas.  I know what cold is.
Warren E. Johnson

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: warren46 on January 16, 2016, 04:12:42 PM
Look, I grew up about half way between St. Paul and Duluth but on the Wisconsin Side.  That is why I live in North Carolina now.  I have a sister that still lives there in the summer but has a winter home in Kansas.  I know what cold is.
There you go, get it all out.  :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 16, 2016, 07:53:55 AM

What did that Goat do now?  ;D

Goats can't drive Tractor Trailers but can keep you waiting 2 hours in the cold rain.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Hilltop366

Warren46 you are a patient man for waiting that long!

I'm in the property management business, as part of my job I show apartments (about 10 min. drive from my home) to perspective tenants after a few "no shows" I started to get them to call me 15 min. before the scheduled time to confirm that they are going. It seems to go much smoother that way.

Bill Gaiche

Well Howdy Paul C. bg

gfadvm

Quote from: warren46 on January 16, 2016, 12:07:53 PM
All I will say about my rant is that it involves waiting for 2 hours outside in rain at temperature in the mid 30's for someone driving an 18 wheel tractor/trailer to pick up 400 board feet of lumber.

You waited a hour and 45 minutes longer than I would have! You deserve a rant.

Doug Wis

Warren: In digesting the bits of info here and in your profile, you must be Walters little boy and worked at Arnolds mill. -10 right now here in Falun.  Doug D.
A man who says he can do everything at 65 that he did at 25 sure wasn't doing much at 25.

Thank You Sponsors!