iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

I'll bet he had a long drive.  He should know better than to ask you for 'Bigger'. :D
Yes, I too believe we have a long way to go on this covid thing and the numbers are creeping up again very slowly. I think he will tighten things up for the general public that can't seem to 'get it'. Too many people think it is 'over' and stopped thinking. Can't seem to follow simple precautions to get on with life.
 I saw the store Menu on FB this morning with those prices, holy cow. Tempted to just run up for lunch, but you know what the traffic will be like on 28 today. I have to run to Woodstock this morning to check something out, then I will stay close to home the rest of the weekend. Enjoy the holiday!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

How close are you guys to Poughkeepsie?  I went there a couple times for a graduation of a cooking collage. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

If im driving 2 hrs.  If barge is, 37 minutes.

Thats how he gets so much work done.  Teleporting from job to job.  You should see how far a round bale will roll at 107 mph.
Praise The Lord

Old Greenhorn

I am about a half hour from poughkeepsie,barge is another hour from me and be he has to pass here to get there. Still as Mike said, I'd he is driving, it will probably take him 45 minutes. :D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on July 04, 2020, 11:19:21 AM
How close are you guys to Poughkeepsie?  I went there a couple times for a graduation of a cooking collage.
I can be down by Vassar - CIA in about 1hr-20mins, worked on the boat out of Clinton Point down there, my aunt lives 5mins down the road. 

BargeMonkey

Seen more bears this yr, last job I just finished they where everywhere. Now... the average "City-diot" would have seen the 2 cubs and probably not the mother,  would have gotten out for a better picture 😂 she came out of the grass behind the truck, I knew better. About 1/4 mile from my house.

Washed, chained up, moved her this morning and started cleaning the stuff back from the road. My kids may see the end of this one, I doubt I will, what's nice with this one is we have water and 3PH power at the road, wash plant, all that fun stuff.

Just when you get sick of firewood... oh wait it gets better 😂

I need a GOOD camera for this next job, doing another clearcut for a view end of this week, see VT, ADK, out Cooperstown way, set the stroker / slasher up and level it. 😂 there's 300k?+ of beautiful hard maple on this job I've had to cut for a while, problem is come winter you can't get in here, I've been shut out 2x.

When I was there we didn't get to do anything cool 😂 Captain sent me that picture yesterday, taking the USS Slater down to Staten Island. 

Maine logger88

Currently cutting another small clearing job for a shop and small tank farm. Just enough of a driveway entrance to get the skidder and cutter off the road when we unloaded lol 

Wasn't a big enough job to haul the loader in too so I've just been cutting the pulp off with a chainsaw piling it with the skidder and chipping the tops and brush

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

nativewolf

In these times you take it where you can get it, ingenious solution and a fun shot of the skidder piling the pulp.
Liking Walnut

Lasershark

I just jumped on to review the instructions for the reverse roll quarter sawing and noticed this thread. This is a beach salvaged western red cedar that I'm going to try to get 6 defect free 1.25" x 6 planks for bargeboard.  

2020 LT-50 Wide, 38 HP Gas, with debarker, lubemiser and operator's seat,  2002 Dodge Ram, Echo chainsaw, Ogam multi-rip Gang saw, Cook Manufacturing Sharpener/Setter Combo.  RS-2 resaw attachment.

Maine logger88

Quote from: nativewolf on July 11, 2020, 08:10:29 PM
In these times you take it where you can get it, ingenious solution and a fun shot of the skidder piling the pulp.
Yeah that's for sure! Thanks I was thinking all day it would make for a cool pic so finally I got out and took one
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

dgdrls

Quote from: Lasershark on July 11, 2020, 08:43:46 PM
I just jumped on to review the instructions for the reverse roll quarter sawing and noticed this thread. This is a beach salvaged western red cedar that I'm going to try to get 6 defect free 1.25" x 6 planks for bargeboard.  

Did the log give you what you needed?
D

mike_belben

Letting boy wonder try to load some junk on the firewood fetcher to cut up before it rots. 

Still releasing keepers out in the woodlot here and there

And salvaging project wood from the nicer bolts.

Trailer decking out of this one.  15" DIB, biggest i can fit.  

Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Havent had much good to say, work and more work.

Firewood. That time of yr again.
Did some clearing work and taken some wood off 2x other clearing jobs, bring the pulp / firewood back here and slash it. Getting 1ld a week into Finch right now, hey at least it's something.

They dont come any better than this guy, ☝️ 
I got offered some work by a large forestry company for good money but wicked ground, I havent really pushed the boat thing, waiting to see what happens next week, 

The rocks literally grow out of the ground... and working uphill all the time doesn't help, change 2-3x chains every couple hours on this job.

I was in here in the winter 5-6yrs ago, the top is ledges and vertical in spots, all dozer / cable skidder work.  

☝️ it can stay right there. Now what gets me ? Monster ash, alive as can be for its age /size, the smaller ash I'm cutting is all dead, not this one.
The dirt work side we are busy, other than ash / red oak #1 and up 12" plus forget good logs right now.

In one truck, haul, move iron, into another truck, then haul wood. 

such fine topsoil the minute it rains I can show you how to bury that 460, last time I had to hook it to the Timbco to retrieve it. 

Spruce left, redpine went to our sawmill, wasn't a big job but I picked up 2x larges jobs because of that one. I dont care how old and ugly she is I'm going to ride it till the boom falls off 😆, salesman from ProPac can't believe it's still kicking. 

I'm chewing away on it, top was out of it, pound wedges, get it on the ground, that's when the white faced hornets decided to come out 😆 2nd time in 2x days I've been torn up.

That's what a job should look like when it's done. ☝️ 

Next weeks project, moved it 1x already. 14x28, if it was wintertime I would drag it up the road on 2x tamarack skids behind the 440D but I think they would frown on that right now, GF wants more chickens..... 😆
And who doesn't love hay season ? 

barbender

Barge; you're a maniac and a working fool! Don't you ever get burned out?
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

Good Lord eric you might as well just start a pulp mill too.  Conesville paper and gravel [and hay, gas, beer, campground, post office and nightclub]

8)
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Quote from: barbender on August 01, 2020, 08:46:53 AM
Barge; you're a maniac and a working fool! Don't you ever get burned out?
You need to lease him your signature!
Praise The Lord

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: mike_belben on August 01, 2020, 09:01:21 AM
Good Lord eric you might as well just start a pulp mill too.  Conesville paper and gravel [and hay, gas, beer, campground, post office and nightclub]

8)
Well by my count he is at least halfway there: Beer, gas, fuel, food, ice cream, sand, gravel, stone,logging, firewood, hay, Elk, survey stakes, lumber, pulp wood, hauling, and what else did I leave out? The post office is already across the road, so that is out, but the nightclub I think is still in the planning stages. I don't think a campground is on the radar and if I were him the last thing I would want to do is bring in more visitors to the area. ;D

cutterboy

Barge, thanks for all the pictures. I really enjoy them.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Walnut Beast

I think Greenhorn meant Gentleman's club 😳🤔 or should I say - - - - - Club 😂

g_man

78NHTFY

...speaking of moving a chicken coop, did just that the other day, to make room for a new barn addition.  The Tak 150 is coming in handy and didn't even sneeze!  Now I think I'll take a rest after an exhausting reading all of Barge's exploits. :D :D :D.  All the best, Rob.

If you have time, you win....

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: mike_belben on August 01, 2020, 09:01:21 AM
Good Lord eric you might as well just start a pulp mill too.  Conesville paper and gravel [and hay, gas, beer, campground, post office and nightclub]

8)
Man, I'd like a t-shirt from that establishment!  It'd have some real small writing if ya wanted to highlight what the company does!  ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

BargeMonkey

We had a frame for that coop, never figured needing it again and sold it, a Nyle kiln sits on it now 1x town away.
That isnt really the biggest structure we have moved in 1 piece, did a 24x32' 1.5 story cabin yrs ago, jacked it up and moved it on the tag trailer, had Nyseg take down a couple wires, been out by the pond now for almost 20yrs.
My 450C had 1 tank, the guy who thought 2x fuel tanks was a great idea ??? You can never get that full of fuel in 1 shot. Cleaning off pit #2 this week, move delimber in the morning.

I dont motivate early sometimes, I will if I have to but it's not abnormal for me to be in the buncher at midnight, or finish hay at 9-10pm like last night. Those light towers are worth the money and then some.

We can get 3200-3500 in that barn, barn up above is 40x100x16 and we put 200+ 4x5s in there and the 2nd cut, and what 1st cut we can't fit here, usually about 650 in a box trailer, 80% of the hay goes to Long Island come winter.
It's not the business cost, it's the payroll tax, insurance, that's the killer. Plus good luck finding help, we are grateful for the ones we have. I have no plans for an "ADULT" establishment, we have 12 woman on payroll now, I've worked on boats, construction, there's nothing worse than all woman at a business, like savages 😆, you've got to have 1 in charge, you get a couple of them fighting good luck.
The lift is kind of in the way but that's the last house I lack, hopefully by the end of the yr, the bank started high so we just bought all the way around it, no ones going to want to live next to a carwash, liquor store / laundromat. 😆 

I'm not a superstitious person, I'm not big on religion, BUT.... and about 15+ people can confirm it, my gas station is haunted, and it's because of that house. Walk in at 11pm to grab a drink, get halfway thru the store and the cooler lights turn on in front of you, pictures fall of the wall, noises, we have alarm bells on all the doors, they go off frequently when no ones coming in any door, and we have ALL of this on camera, we have a security system that's beyond awesome. There was never a building in the field where we built the store, we did an archeological study on the land next door, no native American items, there was 2x a local kids killed in the 70s about 1 mile down the road in a car accident, 1x was laid out in the bay window facing the store, only thing we can think of but let me tell you its creepy, my GF got to see it first hand the other night when we where down there. This other house we recently bought was also a funeral parlor for the town 100+yrs ago, right next to the church but who knows 😆 

Bruno of NH

Renovated an old building on main st in old West Lebanon NH.
Very old timber frame it had straw for insulation in the wall.It was a nasty interior demo job.
When I was done the town historian stoped in and told me that was the first place they used as a funeral home.
I didn't care to hear that.
We made it into a Asian restaurant. Everything we did was a struggle :o
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

You guys think i got a full cord on there?  

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!