iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Honda GX620 ignition and fuel system rehab

Started by sprucebunny, July 01, 2019, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

Thanks for almost everyone's suggestions in the other thread.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff like fuel pump and ignition coils.

Have the flywheel off. The back of it was packed with sawdust between and under the magnets. Don't know what those 3 things on the engine side are called but bugs had been making nests over there.

Seems to me like Honda could do a better job preventing debris from getting in there. If you have an engine built the same and have any running or charging problems, have a look behind the flywheel. I used a camera on a wire on a cellphone.
Another suggestion is to check the airgap between the coil legs and the flywheel. .010" -.020" isn't much ...if it ever even existed in this engine.

The engine has the number 2002 stamped on it. I don't know if they stamp the year on them but I bought the mill in 2005. Might have been stored badly but not by me.

I'm going to hunt down some new fuel line so the fuel filter will be easier to get at.

No puller needed for centrifical clutch. It came off while I was tapping on flywheel puller.

So I'll be replacing everything that is supposed to be done at 200 or 500 hours, much of which I've already done a few times: plugs, air filter, fuel filter (and pump), fuel lines, coils, oil and filter. I'll either get AV gas or a local place is rumored to have non-ethanol.

And if it doesn't run well after that I'm going to smash it to smithereens with my excavator
;D

So many broken things and so little time.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!