iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Antique Wood Burner

Started by ernelson26, November 23, 2018, 09:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ernelson26

Hello. I am trying to get more information on an old wood burner I have at our old farmhouse house. It looks like it was used to heat the home at one point. When I search online, I am unable to find much on it. Any info is appreciated!

lxskllr

Sure it's a woodburner? I would guess coal, but I'm unfamiliar with either. Me being a dummy, I'd say you drop coal in the hopper, and turn the crank to drop clinkers from the grates.

ernelson26

It could be coal. When I open the door, there is some wood in it, but that could be from the previous owners not knowing what type it is. I really know nothing about it other then it was hooked up in the basement

mike_belben

That handle is the door latch.  ;)
Praise The Lord

lxskllr

Quote from: mike_belben on November 23, 2018, 01:07:51 PM
That handle is the door latch.  ;)
Ah. I saw the big hinges, but figured they were just to maintain the firebox. Know what the little door is?

47sawdust

That little door is the draft control.The chain on the control typically ran to the the first floor of the house so you could open/close the draft w/o going to the basement.That was the way our coal furnace was set up when I was a kid.1950's
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!