iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seasonality

Started by ebath, January 11, 2008, 06:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebath

I started hobby milling last spring, so I haven't experienced the full annual cycle. I'm finding a lot more free logs now than I did during Spring and Summer. Is this typical? Should I be stocking-up now for the summer?

Thanks,

Ed
Ed

Todd

YES!!!  And you can afford to be a little more discriminating when there are more logs available.  If you're just milling as a hobby, make sure you don't take too much, but you want people to think about you when they have logs available.  Sometimes (for me anyway) that means taking somthing you don't really want or need because you've declined so many times before you may not be asked again.
Todd
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

SwampDonkey

Would a spec sheet help, to hand over to the logger/trucker? Say, anything below grade is firewood price? I guess that assumes your buying. I can't get my head around free logs. Most site clearing outfits around here are loggers and they don't give anything away.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Phorester

If you wanted to get into another sideline, you can always convert unused logs into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!