iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Withdrawl is over...what did you do with your FF downtime??

Started by Percy, January 29, 2024, 10:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

A good portion of mine was spent checking to see if the forum was back on line :) :) :) :) :)
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Chuck White

I just made a point of checking in each day, once in a while I'd check twice!

Kinda makes one feel a little helpless when it's down and nothing we can do will help.

I really appreciated all the time and effort that Jeff puts into this site!

Thank you Jeff!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Do I really gotta get into it? I NEED OUR OLD SMILIES!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Percy

Quote from: Jeff on January 29, 2024, 03:16:40 PMDo I really gotta get into it? I NEED OUR OLD SMILIES!
Well hats off to you for getting it back up and running. I���m sure the bling will follow once you and your crew can catch a breath.�
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

esteadle

Read and re-read the privacy policy. Lots of words. Lots.

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, me too also. I guess you could say I "did a Percy". :D But I was cool about it. I let it go as long as 30 minutes or so between checks.
 Truth is, it threw my whole daily routine out of whack.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

The wife won't have to hear me say, no forum yet, 7-8-9 times a day.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerTed

It was so bad here, I uninstalled� a toilet and installed a new one in the upstairs bathroom on one day. � Another day I vacuumed the house :o� and mopped while Emily was at school. � I also listed my property taxes, got a vehicle inspection on my truck and paid my truck registration. �

Eventually I just went to Santee Cooper to go catfishing. � I���m in Santee SC right now. �
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Ljohnsaw

I checked several times a day. One day my sister called me to see what was going on. She wanted to see if I posted anything about my cabin.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Wingding

I set up and prepared to download all the photos of the new/old saw mill I just bought! ..oh and checked back here every so often...
There You Go Man-Keep as Cool as you Can-Face Piles of Trials  with Smiles- It riles them to believe you preceive the web they weave-Keep on thinking Free...

Don P

Jeff

Not yet Don, we still have some demons in the code, and I am scared to ad any of the mods they have for doing auto embedding or other things until @lurk thinks we have a stable platform.
But the link works!

terrifictimbersllc

I spent a fair amount of time feeling sorry for Jeff.

Also the town was taking down trees around the corner from my house so I made about 30 trips back and forth with my tractor over 3 days scooping up free firewood which is now in a giant mound in the front yard.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Al_Smith

I did the usual stuff I always do .Carried in the firewood but noticed those bundles are surely more heavy than they used to be .As far as the change over deal I'd be lost at sea .I could program a robot or CNC machinery in my sleep at one time but this forum stuff is way above my pay grade .I find myself lucky even being able to navigate a web forum as a task .However I can usually figure out why a computor isn't working well related to the componets like hard drives etc.

firefighter ontheside

I had elbow surgery about 2 weeks ago.  I've been watching fishing videos to kill time while I recuperate.  I'm happy to have the FF to kill some time too.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

jpassardi

Found myself checking in more often than I was aware...
Oh well - there are much worse habits I suppose
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Magicman

I am enjoying being able to breathe again.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Great. Get up here. I'm expecting to need mouth to mouth and CPR very soon

Magicman

I can do CPR but if you are expecting the other procedure, you are gonna die.   :'( 

jpassardi

I must be slow.... I can no longer figure out how to insert a photo in a reply from my gallery. Can someone point me to a link or something? :o

Side note: smileys (like above) are sensitive to spaces after text.

Magicman

Click on the picture that you want to post and scroll down and copy & paste the code on the "BBCode (normal) line.

I actually opened two tabs, one with my posting box and the other with my Gallery.  That way I could click back and forth between the two.  I could click where I wanted the picture and type text between the pictures as seen in the "Sawmill Maintenance" topic Reply #427 where I made a test run.  Note that you will not see the actual picture, only the picture's gallery address that you copied and pasted.

jpassardi

Thank you Lynn! I figured you might reply since you are one of the few who have linked photos with this new format. ;)

Magicman

Actually I just figured that out and actually tried it this afternoon.  I had previously linked a photo from the Gallery but I had not tried linking several and typing text between them.

I was pleased with how easily it went. 

Now I have no idea about how to do such with a phone because I only use a laptop.  My "fangers" don't work very well typing on a phone.

Thank You Sponsors!