iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On Feb 3, foot surgery

Started by petefrom bearswamp, February 11, 2020, 02:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

I have now added to my list of some 12 odd ortho surgeries.
On the third I had on my right foot a mid foot fusion and 3 hammer toes fixed.
A bit of a scare as the anesthesia doc had initially said it would be local, but he had to put me under.
It seems when coming out from the anesthesia, I wasn't breathing on my own, so I was intubated to get me going again along with a urethra catheter and woke up in intensive care.
resulted in an overnight stay in the hospital for what was supposed to be an out patient procedure.
very uncomfortable for the first night home but resting OK now with no pain to speak of.
No weight bearing on the foot for at least a month and probably no driving for a couple of weeks after that.
You hear about folks going under general anesthesia and never waking up but I now can speak from experience that it wouldnt be a horrible way to go.
Got 15 inches or so of snow late last week and Linda was worried about blowing out the 700 foot long driveway as my son and grandson were scheduled to go up north snowmobiling.
Grandson didnt go however so he came to the rescue.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Don P

Glad you weathered that, anesthesia is tricky stuff. I've come to in the wrong room, its a little disconcerting till the fog lifts and you realize you're not in St Pete's waiting room :D. Good luck with the foot recovery.

Bruno of NH

Pete
Glad everything work good for you in the end.
Have a speedy recovery Sir
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

Pete, that is some scary results. I've always worried about getting anesthesia,most of the ones doing mine I couldn't understand what they were saying. If you have to wear a special sock for healing, don't stop before it's all healed. Rita had a foot fixed an quit wearing the sock thinking everything was ok, and the big toe curled back out a little.
Ed K

thecfarm

Glad all is fine now!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

petefrom bearswamp

Heading to docs for first follow up this AM.
No clue how the subject came up as on feb
Thought i entered foot surgery
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

samandothers

I am 4 months after having 4 toes worked on.  The other foot was earlier in the year.  I hope your recovery and correction is good.  Let us know how the follow up goes/went.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Dan_Shade

I saw the photo and was concerned that you smashed your foot with a log... 

I suppose a doctor doing it is better than a log doing it. 

That picture might give magic man's toenail picture a run for its money! 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

tree-farmer

Wow, that hurts just to look wt it...can imagine how it feels. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Andries

You might want to stay off that foot for a while, no matter how frisky you feel.  ;D 
Wishing you a speedy recovery, young man.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks everyone.
I am mending slowly.
No pain to speak of
See the surgeon tomorrow, but I suspect another couple of weeks until cast is off and I can put weight on it.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ed_K

Get a scooter bike, Rita got hers on amazon. It's the cats meow to getting around.
Ed K

caveman

Pete, I do not know how I missed this until today.  I hope that you will recover fully without any undo pain.  You are one of the FF's national treasures-keep getting better.
Caveman

petefrom bearswamp

Saw the surgeon Wednesday.
Stitches out but as I suspected no weight bearing stuff til next visit on the 4th.
Bored silly
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

WDH

You should be mostly recovered by Mid-April in GA.  That dmoran concoction from Louisiana will ease the pain and suffering, if only for a short time :D. 

Magicman

Keep on keeping on Pete, I am still rooting for your full recovery.

I am certainly understanding "bored silly".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Knee Walker, wife lived with one for three surgeries
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

petefrom bearswamp

Been able to hobble for a week and a half now.
Foot still swollen and the knee on that leg is bothering.
Trying some light exercises.
No solution for the boredom as yet but am itching to get outside to cut firewood.
Tried that knee scooter and dam near killed myself.
Still have the rental wheelchair, a walker and a cane.
Use them all as needed
I'm pulling for Wild Bill and Magicman in their recoveries too
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on February 21, 2020, 07:50:31 PM
Keep on keeping on Pete, I am still rooting for your full recovery.
I'll just repeat what I said over a month ago Pete.  Here is wishing you the best with your recovery.  thumbs-up

Thanks, my 6 week follow up visit with the NP is Monday.  I am hoping to loose the sling and start on some PT.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

I wish all of you well with your convalescence.  
Caveman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!