iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone with REAL experience with the new Echo CS-530?

Started by weimedog, November 16, 2008, 10:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

Quote from: Al_Smith on December 26, 2008, 07:00:52 AM
Quote from: ladylake on December 25, 2008, 10:20:52 PM
And if you really care my 80cc CS8000 took 14 seconds in the same cut but weights 23# full, my CS510 still comes with me.     Steve
Once again going back to the fact that it's a bigger displacement saw . By that fact alone it will cut a tad faster .

Just depends on what you want to do .I have 60 cc saws that will cut with 70's and 70's that with  with 80's because they've been worked over . However for a person that only cuts a few stacks of wood per year this would be a moot point .

The only reason I have hopped up saws is because they are of interest to me plus the fact I have acquired the knowledge to be able to enhance their performance .Not everybody has that desire or ability or could care less . So any good dependable saw that does the job fills their needs and they are pleased with the outcome . Many are just as happy using a Poulan/Craftsman or Echo as some are with a Stihl ,Husqvarna or Dolmar .No big deal one way or another .

Al   There a people on here who say Echo saws are way down in power per cc compared to Husky or Stihl saws, my 044 is 70cc and took 19 seconds and my CS8000 is 80cc and too 14 seconds and cuts faster per cc than either of my 044 saws.  If you want to lump something toghther with Poulan/ Craftman put Stihl and Husky home owner saws in that group, Echo saws have way too much quality to be compared to that group.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

sharkey

Wanted to stop by and say hello as this is my first post.

I have a couple of the Echo cs-520's.  Good power and chain speed, light weight. .325 x.050 chain and we use 18 inch bars.  Only difference from the 520 to the 530 is the color and where the chain brake handle is located.  Same piston ported engine design and displacement so says the Echo dealership I asked at.  Two piston rings, Walbro carb, non limited ignition, adjustable oiler and side access chain tensioner.       

If you liked or used the Echo cs-4400 the cs-520 engine has a larger diameter crank,  bearings, and a larger clutch.  Sometimes manufacturers will beef up displacement on an engine without changing the lower end so I thought I should mention this. 

Overall Im happy with ours.  Ive had them for about 18 months and havent had any problems.  I like the fast idle step on the choke rod because it never slips off, unlike a rear handle pin type will as it wears.  Ditch the safety chain and richen up the carb because they all come set up real lean.  Overall I like the 520 as much or more than any other 50cc saw Ive used.  Also like the round air filter as I think theyre better than the flocked Husky type. 

Thanks and looking forward to getting to know you folks,
Bob               

ladylake

Bob  Welcome, nice post you covered it all well.  I really like that air filter, it seems like you can cut forever before it gets dirty.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

beenthere

Welcome to the forum, sharkey.  Hope to get to know you too.  8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

weimedog

Quote from: underdog on January 11, 2009, 07:58:10 AM
Did you buy the saw?
I to have my eye on this same saw. It apears to be a newer CS-520
You can still get a CS-520 They are like $10 cheaper and a different color, Do not know if there was a change to the muffler.
Anyway i am going back to a dealer next thursday to see if an Echo is really the saw of my dreams.

Actually...no. In a twist of fate, I ended up with a Husqvarna 440 and a Husqvarna 455, both with less than an hour on them; for the same price one "new" Echo CS-400 would have cost me.

Time will tell if I will wish I stuck to plan or not. So far the Husky 440 is better than I expected and the 455 is exactly what I expected.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

treeclimercj

I've used Stihl and echo. I have a whole arsenal of mostly echo from weed eaters to chainsaws. I think my preference between any saw I've ever had, if I were to be stuck picking just one saw out of all the ones that I have ever used, it would be the cs 530. Once you get it heated up cutting through logs it performs very well hot. I'd say it cuts faster than the ms 362 from my experience, plus it cold starts one pull. My cs 530 is a dream. I'd like to get that new cs 600 p   which actually has the same specs as the stihl ms 362; however, I bet this one would out perform any saw in its class!
Echo cs 271 t, Echo cs 400, Echo cs 530, Echo cs 8000, pas 265 & pass 266 echo attachment series with all attachments, br 420 stihl back pack blower, echo blower, 4x4 v6 Dotson pickup, 1 trailer, lots of climbing gear, lots of rigging gear, and I even got a sky hook!

ladylake

The new Echo CS500p is quite a bit lighter than the CS530, hopefully it makes as much power as the CS 510, 520 and were 530 were great.   Steve

Al_Smith

Well it's kind of a Ford Chevy thing .Echo has been around a long time .Some of the stuff is pretty robust,some is not .They never were a main player in popularity but niether was Dolmar ,J-red and a few others .

I've got a few Echo products which do okay so I can't really bad mouth the product line .

As far as I'm concerned if the things cuts wood and you don't have to constainly work on it it must be a good saw .Too much ado about cutting two seconds faster unless you're a pro cutter .It is however great sport to crank up some more soup out of  them which a few of us do but that's another subject all together . 8)

Thank You Sponsors!