iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ugly log nice lumber

Started by markd, April 17, 2012, 12:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markd

Here is the Giant Sequoia log that was levitated upright for 6 or 8 yrs and sawed last week.Markd

markd

Magicman

You levitate nice "old" logs.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stephen1

Welcome Markd, any one that post pics on a new account ranks right up there.
as M says nice levitation
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

mad murdock

some nice looking wood, for sure.  I really like the looks of your mill setup!  Nice job there!
Are you in Downtown Alpine? or over towards BellFountain?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

cutterboy

Nice looking lumber. That old log really held up well. Thanks for the pics.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

markd

Didn't get a whole lot out of it, I've got one more to saw, maybe enough to make a picnic table or something. Mad Murdock, I'm west of Alpine, a hillbilly.Markd
markd

Left Coast Chris

I have a cedar that is similar.  Tappered with quite a few knots from growing in a warmer climate than it is intended for.   Im planning on sawing 8/4 and using for a 32" high raised bed garden box.   
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

apm

You've got a great looking mill set up, there. Looks to be much more than a casual hobby.

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

customsawyer

Very Nice setup. The lumber looks great too.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!