iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Found wandering the foot-hills of North Georgia...

Started by Ga Mtn Man, July 22, 2012, 04:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

It's customsawyer!

It was Saturday and heavy rain was threatening.  He seemed lost and confused so I let him spend some time with my TK 2000.  I tried to give him a few pointers on the art of sawyering but, honestly, I don't think he understood most of it.  He was very impressed with the mill.  I'm pretty sure he's gonna swap me one of his LT-70's for it. ;D

Despite his lack of experience, he did manage to cut some pretty nice lumber.  As a reward I bought him lunch.

Al least that's how I remember the day... ;)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

customsawyer

I was impressed with the mill. Your hyd. lever were in all the wrong places from what I am used to so I looked like a fish out of the water. The lunch was great and the ride back to Helen, Ga. was refreshing in the rain. Thanks for taking the time to put up with me. After all your lessons I guess I now owe you lunch. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ladylake

When I TRY and run my brothers TK2000 after running my B20 for years it's a nightmare.  Both work good but are totally different.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

customsawyer

The mill did great just the loose nut behind the controls that came up short.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Sounded like a fun Saturday morning.  New friends and sawdust always mix well together.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

The truth is the controls on the TK2000 are a lot better placed than the B20 but try to get used to them is tough.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

barbender

The first pic from the back, I thought it was gonna be Larry the cable guy ;D Looks like you guys had fun, north Georgia sure is some beautiful country. Minnesota was at the back of the line when mountains were given out :)
Too many irons in the fire

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: customsawyer on July 22, 2012, 04:58:26 PM
I was impressed with the mill. Your hyd. lever were in all the wrong places from what I am used to so I looked like a fish out of the water. The lunch was great and the ride back to Helen, Ga. was refreshing in the rain. Thanks for taking the time to put up with me. After all your lessons I guess I now owe you lunch. ;D

Come on, Jake...you're not really going to let me get away with that tall tail ???
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

customsawyer

www.thecustomsawyer.com

Chuck White

Always a good time when sawyers meet! 8)

Ga_Mtn_Man, I like your mobile saw shed!  Maybe I should think about something like that to carry in the truck!  +1
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bibbyman

I've been to a number of shows where vendors have invited me to run their mill.   I just say, "No thank you.", and move on.

Somehow, I'd know my LT40 would find out.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

John_Haylow

Looks like you guys had fun. Nice looking mill.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Ga Mtn Man

Yes, it was very nice to meet Jake.  He's as nice in person as he is here on the forum. 

The "true" story:
We had  a great time playing with the mill.  Jake noticed right off that I only had one cant hook so, as any good host would, I let him use it (while I operated the hydraulics :))  Then the sky opened up on us.    With the flood waters coming down Jake kept right on sawing  even though my mill "shed" is about a foot short of being long enough to keep the operator dry.  Eventually he wised up and realized his backside was getting soaked while I stood off to the side dry as a bone ;D.  After rescuing my poor dog from the raging torrent and making our way to higher ground we decided to call it a day  and go find some lunch with hopes that the rain would subside enough for Jake (on his Harley, no rain gear ::)) to find his way back to Helen.  Jake was nice enough to pick up lunch.  I expect his ride back was kinda damp.

Jake, thanks for showing me the clamp/log turner cradle trick.  It came in handy today smiley_thumbsup.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Jake's An Awesome Bloke I had the pleasure of spending abit over a week with Loraine and Him last year  ;) ;D ;D 8) And they put up with My babbling in a confusing accent pretty well  too  ;) :D :D ;D   Its always interesting to jump on someone else's mill just for the experience  ;) ;D he let me loose on his 70 and I left the tapers up because put my palm down on two levers for enough time to drop them but didnt notice I had only let one down tok the slab cut and was like what the hell  that should be thicker down the butt end :-X :-X :-X just went back and dropped it and took the slab cut again jake got a good laugh outa it sitting in the loader we all did   ;) :D :D :D ;D And Jake even let me loose on his JD even after saying I drove the Kawasaki like a monkey on heat but how else are spose to shift 2'-3'6" butt dia Tree length Cypress without it looking like that  at times  ;) :D :D :D ;D

I still reckon we shoulda just jumped on it and got that burnt out 40 for a grand when we first saw it too mate  :) :) ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

customsawyer

You would have left the toe board rollers up on it too. :D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Meadows Miller

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!