iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One of my rare good ideas

Started by mart, April 20, 2022, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mart

My good ideas are few and far between but this I think qualifies. I epoxied some rare earth magnets to my speed square after getting tired of it falling of the saw.  Now it stays put. I just wonder what took me so long to do it. 

I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

Lostinmn

They are very handy, I also used them on a tape measure that rides just above the power feed control and doesn't vibrate off.  

Very handy mod!!

mart

I use them for holding my cut list, my thickness and kerf cheat sheet, and a few box end wrenches. I must be slow on the uptake to not think of them for my square. 
I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

WV Sawmiller

I buy the little 2" X 1" X 1/2" magnets from HF for about 50 cents each and keep several on my control panel to hold my cheat sheet, cut list paperwork and when I do any repairs I grab one and toss my small hardware such as nuts, washers, screws, etc. on it to keep from losing them. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!