iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

78" Dbh Willow oak 20'-7" new pics of slabbing added

Started by GAmillworker, December 30, 2014, 06:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

You will have to post pics when you open her up. ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

drobertson

Easy peasy,  nice work guys,  never a doubt.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GAmillworker

I will definitely post more pics after I open it up.

I'm so glad it wasn't hollow inside.

I bet it takes me more than three hours to break it down. :o

I hope it doesn't take three days.

Thank the Lord for second chances

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

samandothers

Thanks for video and pictures!   Great job guys and glad it went off without issues!

fishpharmer

Well done. I didn't expect less than success.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

hunz

I'd say one thing is for sure....you definitely know how to properly entertain a bunch of log and lumber loving guys on the forum! Congrats on getting that majestic oak down, oh what beautiful lumber lies ahead!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

Ianab

Love it when a plan comes together  ;) :)

Pity the video can't capture the THUMP of something like that hitting the ground  ;D 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Peter Drouin

That was the easy part, now the work starts :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Down it is!!! When I cut a big one,I shut the saw right off. I love to hear them hit the ground. And feel them hit too.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jemclimber

Definitely a big one, nice pics, and can't wait to see it sliced up.
lt15

fat olde elf

Great !! The legend continues..............
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

buzywoodliff

That thing is a BEAST!!

Congrats on getting it down safely

GAmillworker

Hopefully  Monday we will be breaking this down thanks to Gasawyer and his Lucas mill.  Pray the weather holds off till Monday afternoon.   I'll be doing some prep work tomorrow getting it ready.

WV Sawmiller

Ga Mill,

I got cold chills just looking at that stump. Glad you got it down okay and found it to be solid. I'd have bet it would be hollow. I worked in southern Norway and they had a big stump similar to that they had cut in a park and left it there for the kids to play on. The kids loved it and played all over it. With our safety regs and sue happy society you would never see such as that in a US Park which is a shame. Good luck with the slabbing. Continue to be careful.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

flatrock58

Can't wait to see what it looks like inside.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

GAmillworker

Thanks to Todd GAsawyer for his hard work this is what we did today.
Also thanks to Steve Flatrock58 for stopping by and helping

Magicman

Going, going, go....., plus it looks like you collected a trinket or two.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAmillworker

It does have metal in it but we slabbed one 20" first cut one 9" and three 7.5" that I will load and take to my shop to cut down into 3" and 3.5"  Not sure we really cut into any metal today.  I'm sure to find it just need to use a brand new band to find it.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'll have bad dreams thinking about if I had to mill this log.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

Glad to see it got done. That was to big of a log to see go to waste.
Todd how did you like that new slabber?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Farmerjw

I just saw this thread this morning.  Great job all involved!!!!!!  That slabber is fantastic!  What a way to break a log that gigantic into somewhat moveable pieces.  Thanks for taking me along on this journey.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Nomad

Good job!  Looks like you about maxed out that mill. ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!