iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fabtek head

Started by Firewoodjoe, September 17, 2023, 06:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

My head stopped out feeding last week. I ran a jumper wire from the cab out thinking it was a bad wire. It all worked like it should. Or so I thought. Now I've noticed it will feed even when the saw out out. Which is probably because I bypassed that. Understandable, and my auto stop won't work. It will beep at the measurement but keep right on going. I'm thinking that's also because I ran the jumper wire. I'm going to check/test and possibly just swap out the saw proximity switch tomorrow and remove the jumper wire to have it working properly again. At least I'm still cutting wood with my jumper wire. But I basically have two questions. First is, where did you guys get that switch? Is there a cheaper option than the dealer? Second question is I noticed without the head computer turned out(head won't function) the machine is faster. Tracks and boom. Then with the head on, fully functional the hydraulics are slow. All hydraulics. But if I bump the saw button the hydraulics will go faster. The proximity switch has the light on. Although I haven't tested it yet. Could that switch cause all these problems? 

Firewoodjoe

Well if anyone out there needs the info. It was a bad ground wire for the proximity switch. So just because the light is on doesn't mean it's properly hooked up. 

nativewolf

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on September 18, 2023, 10:13:28 AM
Well if anyone out there needs the info. It was a bad ground wire for the proximity switch. So just because the light is on doesn't mean it's properly hooked up.
Thanks and good to know, just one more lesson on checking ground ...especially in older beast.
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!