iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kubota cranking help????

Started by wildtmpckjzg, September 30, 2023, 10:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildtmpckjzg

I have an old Kubota L210. The tractor runs strong, but lately I have been having trouble starting it.

I thought I had it licked for a while. I replaced the negative cable, and it started strong for a little while. Then I didn't run it for a couple of months-and the problem is back-just like before. It won't turn over at all without releasing the compression. Exactly the same as before.

This tractor has one of those switches where you turn and hold to the left to warm the glow plug up, then then to the right for the starter. I am thinking the switch may be burned out-but I am not sure. I guess the problem also could be in the key switch-since it has to be turned on as well.

I first thought it was the starter, so I took it off and had it checked out. Starter is fine. I even bypassed the positive cable and tried to start with my jumpstart battery. Exactly the same sluggishness. Thought I might have had a bad positive cable, but now I don't think so-since the problem is the same with both the positive and negative coming from the jumper battery.

TroyC

Quote from: wildtmpckjzg on September 30, 2023, 10:27:48 AMI first thought it was the starter, so I took it off and had it checked out.

Was the starter tested under load or just off the tractor with battery cables and no load? Diesel engines take a heavy amount of current from the battery. After checking all the cables and load testing the battery, turn the engine over for about 10 seconds or so. Then feel if the starter is unusually hot.

Is it really cold in your area now? Some info in your profile would be a good idea!

Firewoodjoe

I just googled this quick to see if I could get any quick similar problems and your exact post or I believe to be word for word was ask on another forum back in 2013. Is that you. 10 years and same problems or something fishy here? Seems odd word for word. 

Old Greenhorn

I found that same post (or one just like it) and the solution that time was replacing the battery. Have you tried that this time, or hoping for a different result?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!