iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ATV Weekend in the Huron Mountains of Michigan!

Started by Jeff, April 30, 2007, 10:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Not as big as Jeff's 650. Only a 500.
There are 1100 miles on it. Green clothing on a Bombardier.

Burlkraft stopped by today, and I think when he first saw this photo, he thought it was pedal powered.  ;D ;D ;D   

We stopped for lunch at da Roxbury, and even had a taste of their chicken livers.....(at least I did, and they were very good too).  ;D  Burlkraft thought they was kin to a used oil filter... :D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Nailhead

"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

Jeff

Yep Greg, I got a 4000 lb winch, so maybe you can even stay on when we pull... :D ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Corley5

Quote from: Jeff B on June 01, 2007, 09:57:43 PM
Yep Greg, I got a 4000 lb winch, so maybe you can even stay on when we pull... :D ;)

That'll probably work as long as you stay on it  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Burlkraft

I rode Beenthere's rig yesterday. That thing sits nice and rides well..... ;D ;D ;D

Could be a little quicker off the line tho...... :D :D :D

He's got a winch too...in case ya'll get hung up tagether he can help pull ya apart   ;)  ;)  ;) 

He's made a bunch of improvements already...so I don't think it's goin back. He even had permission already...No forgiveness needed.... 8) 8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Gary_C

I sure would love to be there, but it still is not looking very good. However if I do come, since I don't have a four wheeler, could I bring my six wheeler?

Ya, I know it's not as shiney and pretty as beenthere's and it's got some scratches and dents, plus it will be a little slower, but it's red and is very determined to get me where I'm going in a nice comfortable seat.  ;D ;D

Oh, and trail width is not really a problem, at least to me.   :D :D :D

And if somebody got stuck or broke down, I could just pick them up and carry them back. Course it does grip kind of hard. Leaves a lasting impression.   ::) ::)

So what do you think, would that work...... ???        If I can come that is....... :) :)

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

Reddog

Ha Gary C,
I was going to ask about the same thing.
My ATV is a M6800 Kubota. 4x4, Dif locks, Heat and Air in the cab. It goes any place I have aimed it. And the 43" tall front tires roll real easy over things. Just take the loader off and put the Farmi on and a way you go.

;D

Jeff

Just bring that red oak log with ya when ya come.

beenthere

So a helmet is in order, to meet the requirements of da law.  :( :(
Any FF sponsors have 'em?  Gonna hafta get me one before the UP ride.

Who would could give us a bit of a description of what the plans are for that weekend.  I understand it is an adult doins.  :)

I can wait until after the big weekend at Jeff's to get more info too.

Y'all have a good time at Jeff's.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Basically its going to be a mens weekend. We will visit, eat, and go on trail riding safaris that Nailhead and "The Bob" are setting up. There will probably be story telling and possibly some fermenting of the cider going on so being limited to an adult mans weekend is more appropriate. Dont worry beenthere, you wont need dollar bills.  It'll be like walking into the lunch room of the local sawmill or lumberyard, much different then those adult places yer prolly thinkin of.  :D

Jeff

Pat's "High Camp"  in early April 2007.  Pat would tell us more this weekend at the pigroast, cept he aint coming.  :-\   Hes got a good excuse theough. His son is getting married the same day. :)

Burlkraft

I hope Jeff ain't plannin' on havin' any of them sausages........ :D :D :D

Jeff

Norm

Boy Jeff you have one little hot dog or one little sausage and these guys never let you live it down. ;D

That last picture is beautiful, but April is just too late to have snow on the ground. :D

Jeff

Norm, that was the first trip into the highcamp this year, and we still had to walk in the last bit due to snow.  It started snowing as we were making our way out, and Pat told me that high camp got snowed in that week with 3 feet plus for another week or so.

Burlkraft

I went ta The Honda store on Friday and this next Friday a new Foreman 500 ES with power steering is gonna follow me home..... ;D ;D ;D

pigman

O Steve. 8)  You shouldn't of done that for me. ;D Did Jeff tell you I might not be able to go because my old Polaris is junk? ;)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

LeeB

I would love ta come with you fellars but ya'll gotta knack for scheduling everything for when I'm at work :(. Maybe some other time.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Nailhead

What do you think Jeff? Must be time to start counting for the ride. When we get full up we will have to close the door ;)
So far I count
Jeff
Chet
Just Jim
Thee Bob
Nailhead
Corley5
Burlkraft
beenthere
bbtom?
mooseherder?
pigman?

Thee Bob and I planned our recon this weekend during the reception.
WATCHout boy's
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

pigman

You can remove that question mark from the last name, I am going to patch up the old 400 Polaris. 8)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

My Machines and Trailer are in Northern Maine. ::)

Wonder if I could persuade a Northern Member to haul to Michigan. ???
They then could use one of the machines and participate. 8)
I'd drive up from here then haul back to Maine or Fla. from that point.

Reddog

You can put my name in.
But some one has to tell me if I need to be there Wensday night or Thursday morning?

Thanks Wally

beenthere

Book a room for me at a motel, if it works out. But it's your party and I don't know the lay of the land.  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!