iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stove cover

Started by flatrock58, February 25, 2022, 10:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatrock58

Had a bunch old nasty spalted oak been laying around a while.  Made a stove top cover for my daughter
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Walnut Beast

Looking pretty awesome 👍

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

beenthere

Nice looking cover. 

Where does it get placed/stored when the stove top is used? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doc henderson

I have made a few.  some call them noodle boards, and it creates a workspace when the stove is not used, and makes the stove look neat and tidy when nothing is going on in the kitchen.  I would let your daughter know if you have not already, the limits for this piece.  It should not be used as a cutting board.  If a hot skillet is put on it, it will raise the grain and need to be refinished.  I have a few that double as a charcuterie board.  what kind of finish did you use?  I use a butcher block oil, and it is easily spruced up.  great job, beautiful job!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

flatrock58

I made my daughter aware of all its limitations.  Hopefully it won't get burnt on a hot eye.  She puts it on top of the fridge when the stove is in use.  

I actually made this one for an elderly lady at church and she didn't act like she was happy with the spalted grain.  So, my daughter got it and I made another one out of regular red oak for her.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!