iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tuna Salad and Corn Chips

Started by WV Sawmiller, May 19, 2016, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Been on a kick lately when I get the munchies to make me a bowl of tuna salad and eat them like a dip with corn chips. Take 2 small cans of water packed tuna, drain the excess water, add a couple tablespoons of sweet pickle relish or cubes, dice up a tablespoon or so of onion, add mayo to taste (probably 2 tablespoons or so), mix and start dipping and munching. If you have a bunch of broken chips just add to the tuna and stir them in.

If it weren't for the mayo and salt on the corn chips it would likely even be a pretty healthy snack. Still healthier than eating a big bowl of ice cream or such. I prefer the yellow over the white corn chips.

If you haven't tried it the next time you feel the need for a light snack try it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

Add a few sliced grapes. I should try the corn chips, Generally I use saltines.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

I'll have to try the grapes. Sounds like a nice touch. The corn chips are better than crackers IMO.

In Afghanistan one of the mess halls (OK - they call the DFACs now) served a broccoli, grape and walnut salad. I'd go back and get another helping of it in place of dessert. Boy was it good.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on May 19, 2016, 10:56:06 AMIf it weren't for the mayo and salt on the corn chips it would likely even be a pretty healthy snack. Still healthier than eating a big bowl of ice cream or such.
Who says?  I just finished a bowl of Blue Bell Buttered Pecan.   cone_1
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

gonna give it a try thanks for sharing
Boy, back in my day..

scgargoyle

I like to add a bit of Tabasco Chipotle. The chipotle flavor is a lot milder than regular Tabasco, and adds a nice smokiness. Now I need to go buy tuna...
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Magicman on May 19, 2016, 10:22:08 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on May 19, 2016, 10:56:06 AMIf it weren't for the mayo and salt on the corn chips it would likely even be a pretty healthy snack. Still healthier than eating a big bowl of ice cream or such.

Lynn,

You need to re-look at the photos of those of us on the FF then tell me if you don't honestly think most of would be better served eating a bowl of tuna instead of butter pecan.

I have seen your food posts and your photos and am convinced you have a tapeworm.
Howard Green

Raider Bill

I have a bit of Diverticulitis so I try to stay away from nuts except when I sign on to the FF :D

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

I've seen the pictures of Ms. Pat's cooking too, I don't think Lynn has a tapeworm, I think he has a serious case of "workyourhindendoffitis"  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 19, 2016, 10:22:08 PM

You're a bad man.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I gots to take proper care of this ageing creaky old body.   smiley_old_guy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!