iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Berkshire Pork Shoulder

Started by Norm, March 06, 2013, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

The weather has finally calmed down enough to use my XL egg. Usually it's in a spot that catches wind and blows ash up on everything so I don't get to use it very often in the winter. Today it's calm and I had a pork shoulder ready to go.

Rubbed down with mustard and a new favorite rub called sweet seduction. I'm going to get some cole slaw going for a topping in just a bit.

Raider Bill

Is that the peach and honey rub?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

It's this one Bill Sweet Seduction Rub

Coleslaw is done.

This is a KFC coleslaw copycat recipe.

I have company coming over but was told to NOT post pictures again....kiljoy!  :D

Weekend_Sawyer

That's a nice looking shoulder Norm.
I'm getting the hankering to smoke a shoulder .
What is special about a berkshire?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Roxie

There is a certain danger involved in just paging through the "Read Most Recent Posts."  As I was just scrolling down, I see Weekend Sawyer telling Norm "that's a nice shoulder," and I thought, "Norm's taking pictures of his shoulder?  This I gotta see"!  You can imagine my disappointment.   :D
Say when

Norm

Sorry Roxie even if I did show mine you'd be greatly disappointed!  :D

Jon I get mine from a local producer called Eden Farms their website is www.betterpork.com

It explains it better than I can but I will tell you I do think that certain cuts have better flavor.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Norm on March 06, 2013, 05:01:07 PM
It's this one Bill Sweet Seduction Rub

Coleslaw is done.

This is a KFC coleslaw copycat recipe.

I have company coming over but was told to NOT post pictures again....kiljoy!  :D

Don't start this relationship off by doing what she says it sets a very bad precedence.
I'll guide you through this Norm have no fear.

Norm

drobertson

This food,food,food, topic has become a love hate thing, all you guys keep putting on these magnifacent dishes for us to look at and drool,    ;D  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Norm

The pork shoulder turned out really good.

I'm not happy with how the coleslaw turned out though, kind of bland.

I did have some cheesecake and Bill you're right I'm not going to hold back on what pictures I show.

[Photo Deleted by Food Board Moderator]  :D :D

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

pappy19

Costco has a "Sweet Mesquite" one of their Kirkland brands, and I have been using it for a number of years. I am going to try some of those rubs listed in that web site. Thanks for the post, your pork shoulder looks great.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Raider Bill

Norm,
Try using some Greek yogurt in your slaw.

Ernie

Try a chopped chilli pepper in the slaw, it really makes a positive difference.  Actually, I put a chopped chilli in most things.  Just remember to wear gloves when chopping particularly if, like me, you have a urinary frequency problem :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Thank You Sponsors!