Backroom Bargains

Started by Tam-i-am, February 24, 2021, 12:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on February 14, 2024, 12:08:59 PMMaybe someday I'll ask if I can get a booth at the open house.
Any time you want a booth I'll save you some space.  I'm still looking for vendors for this year.  Just let me know.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Old Greenhorn

Been there, I don't know how you read into that that times were 'so tough ' that you would need to pray for me. Times are fine. This is how I run my very small Business. I am not Walmart or Amazon, nor do I want to be. I am retired. I do many different things and making some benches and tables are a small part of that. I have limited shop space and time so have have to make choices and these are the choices I make. I also have trees to cut, logs to mill. Equipment to repair. So yeah, I make choices on what to spend money on and when is the right time. I would love to be a riteleg dealer and sell their legs outright, but the market isn't here. In a way I am sort of a reseller for them and have their catalogs for my clients and steer them in that direction when I can, which has worked well on several occasions.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Tam-i-am on February 14, 2024, 02:28:44 PM
Quote from: Old Greenhorn on February 14, 2024, 12:08:59 PMMaybe someday I'll ask if I can get a booth at the open house.
Any time you want a booth I'll save you some space.  I'm still looking for vendors for this year.  Just let me know.
Well that's very kind thank you! I will have to see how things shake out in the coming months. If I can find a trailer, it might be do-able.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Tam-i-am on February 14, 2024, 02:28:44 PM
Ah....what kind of vendors would you like? That is, what kind of things would these vendors sell?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Tam-i-am

We've had big and small vendors.

BIG Equipment dealers/mfg:   WoodMizer, OESCO, STIHL, Lucas, New England Pine Timber
Mid-sized:  Brant & Cochran, Parkerville Wood Products, Cableworks, Arborwear, Distinctive Tree, Carl Neutzel Services(Grunsfor Bruks)
Small/artisans:  Natural Flaire,

We've had different artisans over the years - a wood turners, jerky guy, cupcakes

Since Tom is coming anyway he could sell his woodworking or mushroom logs.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper